What’s your Occupation?

Electronics Design Engineer at the end of his long and illustrious career caving in to the
impact of time-ravaged wear and tear on his body and mind in order to pursue, full-time, the
simple pleasures of life shortly (lots of range time, cigars, and an occasional taste of some
fine whiskeys!)

Special Education Teacher in a school designed specificaly for student diagnosed on the Autism spectrum. I work in a group for low functioning teenagers who are generally non-verbal and have plateaued academically at roughly pre-Kindergarten. We focus on independence in daily living skills as well as in community settings and situations.

I envy people that do the work you do. Thank you for doing it.

Im a supervisor at a digital periodical aggregator. I manage two groups that "massage" publisher data (XML, PDF, Quark, HTML, etc) and build and maintain loaders to process that data into a huge Oracle database (35+ million rows in most tables) that, in turn, is used to build a massive set of database products used in most hospitals and libraries in the country.

Hectic, fast paced, and ultra dorky for the most part....but i also have access to one of the largest periodical libraries in the world which is housed in our basement...

..when im not being a dork at work, i do the exact oppsite, and bang hot steel into knives by hand.

since the other thread got closed....

Im in sales right now, but thats only until i can find a tech job [grin]

I work in Research & Development in the food industry. I can't stand the company, in particular, my boss. If anyone knows of any food companies looking for a Food Scientist or a consultant on formulation, I'd appreciate a pointing in their direction.

I also consult on the side.

I also make things on the side. If any of you folks need a dessert or food, I'll figure out how to make it and get it to you. I am far, far better with the desserts though.

Professional internet surfer, yes I'm retired (disabilty).

When I did work I was Senior Documents Processor using Xerox color laser printers, processing some 25~35,000 documents a day.

Im just a farm boy who moved to an island and ended up in the seafood business.
My other jobs..... father, husband, mortgage payer, firearms trainer, fire maker, counselor/ass kicker, snow shoveler, car mechanic, college tuition payer, home improvement/wood butcher, plumber, trash taker-outer, landscaper, dog trainer/cat kicker, bring home the bacon-er , etc. etc. etc. [wink]

I think there are a lot of us whose actual "jobs" go way beyond where we may be from 9-5.

1. Work at a Tree Service Company in Norwood as a laborer (trying to get the crane operators gig)
2. Plowing shitty snow for a company in Norwood

Hitting trees like Sonny Bono, Plowing snow like a 2 dollar hooker

I'm a Tool and Die Maker / Machinest Apprentice

I work with just about all machine shop equipment, cnc millers and lathes, grinders, jig grinders, Ram EDM, Wire EDM. I also do work with high speed progressive dies, designing using 3d modeling (NX mostly) debug and building.

Cut & paste:

Renewable Energy Manager / Developer... Wind, Solar, Fuel Cells. We have a little under $1billion in development right now, in 4 countries. Next week we become a utility (power provider) in Argentina!

Master Electrician ....I also manage the electrical division of our company...12 guys & appx $3mil / yr in Electrical work.

Cut & paste:

Renewable Energy Manager / Developer... Wind, Solar, Fuel Cells. We have a little under $1billion in development right now, in 4 countries. Next week we become a utility (power provider) in Argentina!

Master Electrician ....I also manage the electrical division of our company...12 guys & appx $3mil / yr in Electrical work.

You guy's did the wind turbine in Newburyport right? I see that it is up and running now and the neighbors are still bitching about it.

Back
Top Bottom