• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Westfield Sportsmen's club, hours?

vin

I was looking to join the westfield sportsman's club, but as far as I can tell they have no website to find info on. I was wondering if they have specific hours for member sign up?

That site was last updated about 9 years ago. " This site updated 8/27/00 by susantt." is the info still valid?

I used to be a member. The club house was usually open all morning into the early afternoon on Saturdays for walk-in's to stop by and ask questions, if you wanted to go that route.

I believe the club took down their current site after the MG shoot incident - that link above is, as noted, very old.

Saturday and Sunday the gate is open during the day so potential new members can get in. If there's anyone there to sell memberships, they'll be in the main clubhouse. There is a schedule for that, but I can't remember what it is. I've always had good luck renewing late morning/early afternoon.

Very nice range!

I just signed up this past Sunday, I also got my Father to join. It looks like a good club with some nice ranges. I havent had time to use any unfortunately, but Im going to make some time this comming sunday. [smile]

depending on your finances and location the fairview fish and game association dues are $40 for a senior membership and $50 for a family membership. the club allows members to ride atvs (at their own risk of course) and has just under 400 acres of land, a stocked trout pond, rifle and pistol ranges, trap field and archery. pm me if you want more info.

I've heard some rumors, but that I won't deal with that. Personally, I've been witness to some reckless behavior there lately, and am not surprised to hear of this decision.

The next meeting should be this Monday @ 7:30.

Wow... Those are some crazy changes. Gonna hurt a lot of guys that shoot after work. And who wants to drive all the way there, if it's more than 10-15 drive, only to find out there's isn't a range officer on duty.

Hate to be the one to say it. But I'm glad I'm a member at ARC.

Wow... Those are some crazy changes. Gonna hurt a lot of guys that shoot after work. And who wants to drive all the way there, if it's more than 10-15 drive, only to find out there's isn't a range officer on duty.

Hate to be the one to say it. But I'm glad I'm a member at ARC.

If it stays like this I won't renew.

Yep, sad after so many years, but I think I'm looking for a new place to shoot, too. Ugh.

Yep, I belong to both Agawam Revolver and Pioneer Valley Sportsman Club in West Springfield... since PVSC is about 3 minutes from my house, I've been going there 95% of the time the last year... It really works out great for me and for the money... it's a homerun!!

Yep, I belong to both Agawam Revolver and Pioneer Valley Sportsman Club in West Springfield... since PVSC is about 3 minutes from my house, I've been going there 95% of the time the last year... It really works out great for me and for the money... it's a homerun!!

Might be joining you there....

I'm a member there. 8 am til dark. Members have a gate key but no shooting before those hours (or after). A range officer has to be there or the ranges will be gated. From my experience always GTG . Always a need for more volunteer officers but I've only been shut down twice in many years. Midsummer afternoons (2-4) when officer had to go and replacement got tied up.. Great guys. usually have a range to yourself. busy summer weekends. I go mornings in winter and have multiple choices of range.

Back
Top Bottom