Westfield or Lee

kiver

NES Member
Looking for a club. I am closer to Westfield but cautious of their possible legal issues in the future. Would Lee be a better choice at this time??

Lee is a nice club. I will be joining them for '09. PM MassMark as he is a member there. I apologize to the others that are members ... I just don't remember.

If a really short rifle range doesn't bother you, there's always Agawam Revolver Club...
http://www.agawamrevolver.org/

+1, ARC rocks for pistol and rimfire rifle. Westfield has excellent outdoor ranges, but I am not a fan of shooting pistol there. Something of note about Westfield, though, is the visitor policy. Wanna take a friend shooting to try and get them into the sport? Well, don't take them to Westfield. Visitors are only allowed to observe, and that rule was in place even before the incident. Just something to think about.

Lee is a great club to go to, I've shot there a few times with MassMark and Neptune Cat, one of whom will be along shortly.

The facilities are clean and secure, the offer both an indoor pistol and an outdoor rifle/shotgun range. The membership is welcoming from what I have seen, and you can shoot year round as they have not just a covered range but one with a woodstove in it as well.

Its quite a distance from me, but would be my club of choice otherwise.

+1, ARC rocks for pistol and rimfire rifle. Westfield has excellent outdoor ranges, but I am not a fan of shooting pistol there. Something of note about Westfield, though, is the visitor policy. Wanna take a friend shooting to try and get them into the sport? Well, don't take them to Westfield. Visitors are only allowed to observe, and that rule was in place even before the incident. Just something to think about.

Oh, in addition to the age restriction listed in the recently posted notices @ Westfield, there's also language specifying no guests. I do not have an actual copy on hand to refer to, so don't quote me.

Oh, in addition to the age restriction listed in the recently posted notices @ Westfield, there's also language specifying no guests. I do not have an actual copy on hand to refer to, so don't quote me.

No kidding? I haven't been there in months, so I was unaware. Very unfortunate.

Agawam is very close but I usually go to S&W SS as it is very close. I am thinking I will outgrow Agawam as I am currently buying more rifles of late...and whenever my C&R comes in. Again Lee is about an hour away, but it may be a better fit.

I really think I will take a pass on Westfield at this time

There is also Chicopee sportsmans, Springfield sportsmans, Quaboag sportsmans, Swift river sportsmans. All good clubs.

Neptunecat was great when I was trying to figure out what club to join in Berkshire county. He gave me a tour of both Lee and Lenox. I eventually settled on Lenox because Lee's indoor range was under construction. That was a while ago and I think this time around I am going to join Lee.

Back
Top Bottom