• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Western MA/Northern CT Carbine Class **More Info Added**

I am in preliminary talks with an instructor about hosting a two day carbine class at a range in the Western Mass/Northern CT area. I need a min of 8 people to commit. Does this sound of interest to anyone and what time would be best. I am thinking late spring early summer.

The instructor is David Kenik of Armed Response (Not to be confused with Tactical Response) http://www.armedresponsetraining.com/

This was pulled from the Armed Response Website.

Tactical Defense Rifle
The Armed Response Combat Rifle class teaches defensive fighting at both close and long range combat distances. Covering marksmanship, sight zeroing, trajectories, shooting positions, loading, reloading, transitions, use of cover, shooting while moving, and engagement of multiple targets, Tactical Defense Rifle is not a shooting course; it is a fighting course! The class is fun, high intensity, fast paced and packed with tactics and techniques for personal and home defense. Not to be missed!

Prerequisites: Participants are expected to know safe rifle handling techniques, proper operation, and field stripping of their weapon and have a basic understanding of sight/scope zeroing before attending this class.

Equipment needed: Equipment needed: Defensive type rifle or carbine (pistol caliber is acceptable), tactical sling, at least four rifle magazines (the more the better), magazine holders, chest rig or any other method to carry at least 3 rifle magazines, at least 1,500 rounds of factory rifle ammunition. If optic is used, back-up iron sights are strongly suggested. Defensive handgun and strong side holster (tactical holster is better than CCW holster but not required) at least 3 pistol magazines, magazine holders for at least 2 pistol magazines, at least 300 rounds of factory pistol ammunition, eye and ear protection, brim hat, rain gear (We will shoot rain or shine), bug spray, sun block, water (Camelback highly recommended.) Shooting mat, kneepads, elbow pads and gloves are optional.

Two days - $400

Second Class Added

Im also in the procces of setting up a Second class with Aaron Roberts from the show "Tactical Impact" http://www.tacticalimpact.tv/. I do not have the Specifics of this class yet as I am still speaking with Aaron about those. Right now the Class will be held in July (Not the Fourth) and will be two and a half days. I do not have a cost as of yet but I do not think (I use this loosely) that it will be over $400. I think we will be at about $300-350 each depending on how many attend. The more attend the cheaper it will be, but there is a limit of 12.

So far the break down will be as such.
TD1 (Half Day) Zeroing and Gear Check and Classroom
TD2 (Full Day) Pistol work
TD3 (Full Day) Carbine Work w/ some pistol (for transitions)

This is just preliminary as of now. Aaron will be fowarding me an actual syllabus for the whole course in about a week.

Please feel free to PM, Or Email. I am very excited to be setting this up and I am extremely hopefull we can get this to take place as attendance is paramount. If it becomes a neccasity I will post my Cell number for people who are expressing interest.

-DM-

Last edited:
IT looks like serly summer would work. How about the Second weekend in June (13-14).
Let me know if that works for you guys.

-DM-

Outstanding. I am still ironing all the details out right now, I.E. Location and what not. I will keep y'all updated as more info becomes available.

-DM-

More Info in Main Post

I have added info on a second Class in the main post. If there is more interest in the Second Class I would gladly host just that class instead. It's nothing against Mr Kenik at all, But I went through a lot to set up the course with Mr Roberts.

Let me Know Guys or Girls.

-DM-

I can do either course - if attendance numbers become an issue, I can move to whichever one needs it. My only limitation is June 4-7.

I am interested in seeing the syllabus for the Roberts course!

Thanks

I just revieved an email from Aaron regarding a preliminary syllabus for the class. As of right now the class is scheduled for two and a half days. Aaron is suggesting that we change it to a three day course. Please chime in (those of you that are interested) on whether or not a 3 day course is do able. I do not have a date set but it will be some time in july.

Here is the Syllabus (Note that it will change slightly if the course gets bumped to three days)

1st half day
Meeting with discussion on:
Safety
Gear selection (slings, optics, etc.)
Fundamentals of Marksmanship
Ready positions
Mounted position
Putting the weapon (brain) and the tool (firearm) into the fight / Fighting Mindset

1st full day- Pistol
-Quick review of fundamentals, especially Grip and Scan
-slow fire / close range
-Tac loads
-multiple shots (slow splits) focused on accuracy / multiple targets ( how these are the same thing, but different)
-ready positions (how the mounted position the way I teach you to think of it will start to put the weapon in the right place regardless of where the target is)
-Draw
-Partner reset drills
-Both eyes open
-Count drill (start to shoot aggressively / not out of control) you will see one of the things I am big on is being in control of what is happening
-Verbal Commands when necessary
-Simple movement vs. Complex movement to and from target as well as laterally(box drill)
-Teuller drill
-Diagnostic
-Competition drill
-Reloads
-Malfunctions
-Shooting positions
-Barricades / Cover
-Strong / Weak hand (shooting, drawing, reloads, malfunctions)
-3 places of natural body armor and how to attack them
-Diagnostic

2nd full day-Carbine
-Quick review of fundamentals as pertaining to the Carbine
-Mounted position
-Ready positions
-Bore sight relationship
-singles / multiples
-Tac loads
-count drill
-reloads
-malfunctions
-shooting positions
-barricades / cover
-shooting on the move
-distance as much as possible
-transitions
-diagnostic

PLease provide wme with some input, I would love for this course to take place.

-DM-

I also want to knwo if the interested group ios ok with scraping the Kenik class.Nothing personal towards him, its just that he teaches locally and Roberts is based out of VA ( I think) and is much harder to book. Also throw in ideas for July dates (NOT THE FOURTH). I do not have UTA so it doesnt matter what weekend.

-DM-

I also want to knwo if the interested group ios ok with scraping the Kenik class.Nothing personal towards him, its just that he teaches locally and Roberts is based out of VA ( I think) and is much harder to book. Also throw in ideas for July dates (NOT THE FOURTH). I do not have UTA so it doesnt matter what weekend.

-DM-

I am OK with that. July would probably work better for me anyway, and I like the idea of a 3 day class. If you are looking for suggestions, I would say either of the two middle weekends in July.

Okay those are the dates (as of now) July 16 (half day) 17,18,19. Just let me know if you have questions. Just remember we need attendance to make this happen. Min of 10 Max of 12. If you are a definate let me know.

-DM-

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom