• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Western MA/Northern CT Carbine Class **More Info Added**

This is a bump for those of yo who have expressed interest and did not see DavidK's last post or my last post. The class is now scheduled and the sign up link is posted above. Let me know if you have any questions or any concerns. I hope to see you all there.

-DM-

Crap! I am not sure I will be able to attend this class due to finances. Just the ammo alone is going to set me back close to a $1000. Then I will also need to buy a new holster because the Blackhawk Serpa holster I have is not allowed. So when it is all said and done I would need to come up with $1400. I am not sure I will be able to pull it off. [frown] There is still time so we'll see.

The round count is estimated on the high side to make sure there is enough. If needed we could slowdown on the high round count drills and lower the round count on other drills. What is the consensus?

The round count is estimated on the high side to make sure there is enough. If needed we could slowdown on the high round count drills and lower the round count on other drills. What is the consensus?

In my case that would make things easier.

BTW, what is the reason behind not being able to use Serpa holsters? I have one in a thigh rig for my M&P 40. I have used it during training and have had no issues with it.

There have been numerous NDs with Serpa holsters because the locking mechanism forces the trigger finger to be too close to the trigger after the draw. The trigger finger should be on the slide not the bottom edge of the frame where the Serpa places it. Combine this with the requirement of the trigger finger to be pressing inward to unlock the gun leads to problems. There have also been problems with dirt and pebbles getting in the locking mechanism and locking up the gun in the holster.

Tactical Response, Suarez International (and two others that I know of but can't remember the name) also ban the Serpa

There are numerous brands. I run the Safariland 6320 as my duty holster and drop leg holster. The 6320 has the ALS locking system and protective shield but NOT the rotating hood. Its a super fast draw. I think the drop leg holster they sell comes with the rotating hood so you may have to buy the 6320 separate and then the leg attachment. Or, you may be able to custom order it that way.

If you can find me a 6004 for my M&P 45 I have a very slightly used ALS in drop leg style I will trade with you. By very slightly used I bought it and it never left the house.

-DM-

Check the Safariland website for the exact model you need and do a websearch. Lots of companies sell them. I have all the holsters I need at this point, but thanks for the offer

I've been trying really hard to come up with the funds for this class but just leaned that my truck needs to go in for repair (differential is leaking) so I need to drop out.

I really enjoyed last year's class so this is a major bummer. Perhaps next time.

Back
Top Bottom