Went on a road trip and went ammo shopping today...

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Went to see John at XXX today to stock up on ammo for next year. Got a 900 round case of 1953 M49 Yugo 8mm Mauser, 60 rounds of M2 ball - PMC/Korea/1983 head stamp, and 250 rounds of new Privi .32acp for the Pistolas. 1210 mixed rounds for $384 out the door comes to a little under .32 a round. With what I have on hand, I hope this will last for a year and a half.[grin] I also have a replacement period proofed 1903 Springfield scant stock on the way, and I hope to have the '03 Springfield back in action next month.

MS

Last edited:
The names have been changed to protect the innocent. There is no name posting on the forum; unless I'm allowed in state name drops...

MS

The names have been changed to protect the innocent. There is no name posting on the forum; unless I'm allowed in state name drops...

MS

If its not an out of state distributor that ships ammo/guns to Mass residents there is no harm in listing the seller.

Sounds like he went to Braun's Classic Firearms in Sturbridge. John, the owner and all-around good guy, has a lot of hard to find ammo and concentrates on military firearms. I have bought a lot of stuff from John. His establishment is on Route 20 in Sturbridge and usually has what you need. And, if he doesn't have it, he can normally get it for you.

Yes, it was John of Brohn's Classic Firearms. As to the "click vs. boom" of 50's Yugo ammo, since I got my Wolff springs I've had zero issues. I have a 22# and a 30#; the 22# is all I've used for the last year.

MS

Sounds like he went to Braun's Classic Firearms in Sturbridge. John, the owner and all-around good guy, has a lot of hard to find ammo and concentrates on military firearms. I have bought a lot of stuff from John. His establishment is on Route 20 in Sturbridge and usually has what you need. And, if he doesn't have it, he can normally get it for you.

The name of the place is actually Bron - Classic Firearms. Bron should be spelled Broń which in Polish means firearms. I've met John and he is a wicked nice guy. At the time he a few exotic WW 2 era firearms but I of course at the time I did not have the money.

I just got back from John’s shop and I promised to spread the news for him. He just moved his shop from the old warehouse to 630 Main Street. If driving west on Route 20, his new shop is after the traffic light at Route 148 and is in the same white building as Lola’s Pizza Place and Restaurant. It is on the right side of the street. Stop by and check out the new place.

Back
Top Bottom