Webster Lake 4/17 and 4/21

Headed out to webster lake last tuesday with the kids and then again saturday for our first club tournament.

This spring is crazy with the water temps so high already. The wind was blowing like snot on tuesday when we launched at 9 am. I didnt do much fishin myself, mostly helped the kiddos tie in to a few and just visualy checked out a few spots in advance of saturday. Kids had fun, each caught a couple fish with help and a couple on their own. They are learning and starting to enjoy as it always helps when the catch a couple of fish. Makes it a lot of fun for me now that they are really wanting to go when ever they can join me!

13efdf79.jpg

9efa88fe.jpg

Saturday morning, Club T. We had 15 boats. I headed into a small cove that on tuesday was loaded with fish both bedding and cruising. Luckily I had it all to myself and my nonboater. The water was 5 degrees warmer in this cove than anyplace else. Tuesday it was pushing 70 degrees. It had cooled back down to 63 first thing this morning but there were still fish here. I was able to get a limit of about 9 pounds by 9 oclock. Two other boats joined us shortly after. We talked to the guys in one boat who lived on the lake. The had a tournament wednesday and took 19 and a half pounds out of that cove including a 6.2 pound beast. About 10 oclock I deciced to go look for some bigger fish. I put the trolling motor on high and started running banks looking for upgrades. This is what I did the rest of the day and ended up upgrading 4 or 5 times to my final weight of 13.54 pounds which took the win. I really thought someone was going to come in with some big bags but luckily for me that didnt happen.

My fish
a483ff02.jpg

A couple of the 2nd place fish
f3b8e4b4.jpg

Nice fish--nice day. Good to see happy kids. Are you the same Arlow from the New England Sportsmens Bass Tournies page?

How is Webster Lake? I hear it's a real prop wrecker....

It is a beautiful lake with a great fish population. There are a few spots you can get in trouble if you dont know them. Get a good map, learn where to look for trouble and take it easy anywhere near those trouble spots.

I'm Beardog over there. Alas, the Bear dog died last year. The board's been kinda quiet since Dave neutered everyone. I miss the back and forth with ol' Ray. Ever fish the Quabbin?

As long as Ray is neutered too I am happy. They guy is an idiot of epic proportions. All Dave had to do is boot his ass and that would have been the same result as muzzling everyone as he has now.

I used to fish the Quabbin all the time when I had my tracker but now I upgraded to my ranger and the new contamination requirements I have not been back in a while. I used to love that place, but not enough to invest in a dedicated boat.

Sorry about your pup.

I don't belive I ever met Ray, but did have plenty of back and forth with him on the board (I wrote the Jingle Bells parody). The funny thing is that many years ago, my brother and young son were at Champ for a week of fun fishing. We were slowly making our way across the flat toward the bridge on inner Mallets with others poling and even wading when some crazed idiot came through the bridge on plane. We were astounded. After checking my logs and asking around, that was undoubtedly the famed incident.
I live just west of the Quabbin and have a Tracker QBoat (all legal and everything) as well as my Ranger 520. Hit me up if you'd like to go out sometime. I usually go out of Gate 31 (Area 2).

Back
Top Bottom