Weapons policy @ Randolph movie theatre?

It seems to me I remember reading on here that the movie theatre in Randolph does not allow guns. I have searched this site and googled the matter as well, and I can't find anything. Does anyone have any info on this?

It seems to me I remember reading on here that the movie theatre in Randolph does not allow guns. I have searched this site and googled the matter as well, and I can't find anything. Does anyone have any info on this?

I have been there a few times and trust me I was no by myself

First off....concealed means the only time they will know is when an active shooter comes in and you save the day or save your own ass, BUT I would like to if thats their policy so I can boycott them.

Have you ever been to the Randolf movie theater on a weekend? I bring the Ar and no less than 20 mags.

That's so wrong, but so funny. Funny, because it's true.

First off....concealed means the only time they will know is when an active shooter comes in and you save the day or save your own ass, BUT I would like to if thats their policy so I can boycott them.

Isn't the cost of tickets and the quality of today's movies enough reason to boycott them?

I've been there and you should almost be required to there. Especially on a Friday or Saturday night.

Reminds me of a bar just off-post from Ft Bragg in the 70's. Before you were allowed in they would search you to see if you had a gun or a knife on you.

If you didn't, they gave you one.

Since no one else has said it, remember that in Mass. a sign posted on private property does not mean that you can't legally carry there. The only places you can't carry are schools (but FYI, pre-schools aren't included in that definition), courthouses, and federal property. There's also some debate about airports which I don't fully understand, but that's another topic.

In short, while it may be their policy, it's not legally enforcable, unless they spot it and ask you to leave.

My advice, bring a pistol and a flashlight. When the power goes out in a movie theater, you'll want more than night sights to light your way. [wink]

Going to Randolph is not much different than going to Brockton.No way would I go to either location to see a movie.

For all the talk about situational awareness and being cognizant of your surroundings, why the hell is anyone going to RANDOLPH to see a movie? I know the theater's nice but if they want my money, they need to clean that place up.

Going to Randolph is not much different than going to Brockton.No way would I go to either location [STRIKE]to see a movie[/STRIKE] unarmed.

Fixed it for you. And only go there if you absolutely MUST be there. Try Dedham's new mall/cinemas or Foxboro's cinemas at Patriot's Place. Much safer venues than Randolph.

For all the talk about situational awareness and being cognizant of your surroundings, why the hell is anyone going to RANDOLPH to see a movie? I know the theater's nice but if they want my money, they need to clean that place up.

See above. I grew up in Randolph. The town is too far gone. There is no way that anyone will "clean that place up" short of nuking the town and starting over again.

a few years ago, some "riff-raff" tried to harass me and my wife (then girlfriend) on our way to the car. I told my wife to grab her pepper spray and spray everyone with it if they gang up on me....I plea the 5th on what happened next...

I haven't been back there since I got my LTC...but if I do go, there will be a third wheel on our date.

I always carry there. I have never seen any signs saying I cannot (and I have looked).

This place always seems to get a bad rap. I often go on Fridays and Saturdays. Yes, the 'youts' look and act obnoxious, but no one has ever given me a hard time. And there are always plenty of cops on detail in the lot and lobby.

Actuallt LenS you didn't quite fix it for me.I never go to spots where I expect to get accosted,even while armed.I would rather wait till the movie comes on DVD or on cable.Going to movies became unfun many years ago .People talk and sometimes smoke in the theatre because they are asshats.If I have to pay 10 bucks or more to see a movie,I expect it to be a nice experience.Unfortunately,society has become so bad, movies to me are history.

I never go there without the means of defense, but, as mentioned above, it seems that there is little trouble now. Rowdy and poorly groomed youts and lots of men in blue uniforms to keep them in check.

Still, I would choose Patriot or Legacy Place first.

Speaking of the nice new theater at Legacy Place, wasn't the old cinema there the scene of a murder?

I never go there without the means of defense, but, as mentioned above, it seems that there is little trouble now. Rowdy and poorly groomed youts and lots of men in blue uniforms to keep them in check.

Still, I would choose Patriot or Legacy Place first.

Speaking of the nice new theater at Legacy Place, wasn't the old cinema there the scene of a murder?

That old cinema was the scene of a lot of trouble of the same kind Randolph now has. Youts from HP and JP would go there and cause problems, just as youts from Brockton, Dorchester, and Mattapan do in Randolph now.

My understanding is that if they found out you are carrying, they can ask you to leave. That is about it. There are no legal ramifications.

That is my understanding as well, and if you don't leave then it is trespassing.

Both are true, but keep in mind that that's specific to Mass. Other states have laws that make it illegal to carry where signs are posted, so check your local laws (or the laws of another state if you're travelling).

I haven't been back there since I got my LTC...but if I do go, there will be a third wheel on our date.

Nothing wrong with that. [wink]

Actuallt LenS you didn't quite fix it for me.I never go to spots where I expect to get accosted,even while armed.I would rather wait till the movie comes on DVD or on cable.Going to movies became unfun many years ago .People talk and sometimes smoke in the theatre because they are asshats.If I have to pay 10 bucks or more to see a movie,I expect it to be a nice experience.Unfortunately,society has become so bad, movies to me are history.

I understand what you're saying, but I also don't structure my life to avoid any and all conflict at all times. I won't go to a bad movie theater if there's a nicer one that I can reasonably get to, and I won't hang out in a bad neighborhood looking for trouble, but if I want to go to the movies or visit my friend who happens to live in a hellhole, I won't change my life out of fear of some criminal.

I'll take reasonable precautions, but I won't kowtow to terrorists, whether they wear a keffiyeh or Crips colors.

Who cares? Ignore sign. Carry. Have a nice day.

There is no binding signage in MA. Non-problem solved!

ETA: If it's as bad as Len is saying, I don't think I would go there either, but that's more of a practical issue than anything else. [laugh] I'm not sure if it is one of those "Extra Saw Belt" towns yet or not. Maybe Randolph is just a 1 belt like Fitchburg is.

-Mike

Last edited:

+12 Smartest post in the thread.

Dad told me as a teen, go to the nicer place, pay an extra $1 for the drink and you won't have to worry about having a chair broken over your head.!

Back
Top Bottom