WBZ poll on teachers CCW

I suspect not, but it is impossible to know. Self-selecting polls like that have zero statistical worth, particularly when you have web sites like this one pointing a bunch of activist gun owners at it.

It doesn't stop them from siting them repeatedly when such polls support their position.

It doesn't stop them from siting them repeatedly when such polls support their position.

Typically when they cite polls in their newscasts, they cite professionally done polls from places like Gallup. Those are not opt-in, web-based polls, so they have a chance of being more representative.

That's my point. If these polls don't turn out the way they want they don't report on them.

I think you are misunderstanding. New media don't report on their web polls at all. When they report on polls, they report on professionally administered polls, which are not opt-in, web polls.

I think you are misunderstanding. New media don't report on their web polls at all. When they report on polls, they report on professionally administered polls, which are not opt-in, web polls.

I've seen media report on their web polls all the time. WWLP reports on polls from it's website pretty much every newscast.

If it makes the moonbats happy, put a training and yearly range qualification requirement on it. I know teachers (in MA) who would sign up.

Typically when they cite polls in their newscasts, they cite professionally done polls from places like Gallup. Those are not opt-in, web-based polls, so they have a chance of being more representative.

CBS Radio Boston (WBZ1030) reports on the results of their web pole on a daily basis. Yes, they will also reference a Gallup, Rasmussien, Pew, etc poll which at least, have a semblence of legitimacy but that does not stop them from also reporting on informal opt-in web-polls as well.

Now, CBS's telephone poll, from March 20-24 and released today, shows support for stricter gun control laws has already fallen below 50%, to 47%

What's more, among Independant voters, it's down to 43% and falling.

Poll: Support for stricter gun control wanes - CBS News

If they don't want the teachers to carry at least do something in the middle.. Maybe a 2 lock system, first Key opens the door where gun is stored, while at same time triggers some sort of alarm and/or calls the police. Second lock gets to the gun. I know not as fast as being able to draw from a holster, but it is a step towards the right direction. Also helps against the 'what if a kid gets a hold of it' argument they use.

IN case it is not clear, I think any teacher should be able to carry. and I'd prefer my Idea would have the lockbox in every classroom. I don't care if they held Hi-points.

I'm not sure I'm on board with this concept. I don't have a lot of faith in most of the teachers I've dealt with as a parent or as a student for a lot of reasons and CCWing in school tops that list. I'm also afraid a lot of the LEO wannabe's that drive around in their 15 year old crown vics with their corn flake box badges will be getting into teaching just to bully school kids and their parents with threatening moves like patting that bulge on their hip. I'd much rather schools have police presence, perhaps even plain clothes cops.

I think if teachers/school staff have an LTC, they should be able to carry at work. I definitely don't think EVERY teacher should be armed, since not everyone has the same level of experience with firearms. Add a training requirement for good measure and I think even just a couple of trained staff at a school would be a better option than just cowering in a corner waiting for swat to show.

I'm not sure I'm on board with this concept. I don't have a lot of faith in most of the teachers I've dealt with as a parent or as a student for a lot of reasons and CCWing in school tops that list. I'm also afraid a lot of the LEO wannabe's that drive around in their 15 year old crown vics with their corn flake box badges will be getting into teaching just to bully school kids and their parents with threatening moves like patting that bulge on their hip. I'd much rather schools have police presence, perhaps even plain clothes cops.

The following reply is from my DW who is obviously a teacher (and has her LTC).

It is unfortunate that you have had bad experiences with teachers. But do you think that just anyone can get into teaching? You have to have a 4 year college degree, pass some very rigorous teaching exams, pass background checks, and very soon a Master's degree will be required.

As a teacher, you are not only "teaching" but more often than not you are a nurse, a protector, a fill-in-parent for part of the day, a councilor, a custodian and are constantly pulled in million and ten directions to those who need help. Plus you have to deal with the parents.

Finally, your day does not end at 3:00 like a lot of people think. The children are always on your mind, your always thinking about how you can teach them better, there are meetings to attend, professional development to do, lessons to plan and on and on. Many teachers also work during the summer usually improving their craft.

Do you honestly think that some wanna be LEO is going to go to all the trouble to be a jerk to a kid? Not to mention you have to get hired which isn't always as easy as you might think. So please think again about the role of teachers and who gets into teaching.

We have a bigger problem if that's our standards on hiring teachers.

IT DOESN'T MATTER if the teacher can shoot straight or not, or if they carry or not. Just passing the law allowing teachers to carry will prevent the children from being fcking fish in a barrel in the eyes of the fcking nuts looking for high body counts!

I cannot stress this enough!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom