Water Storage Karma - 15 Gallon Blue Barrels

Great seller and nice barrels. I picked up seven a few weeks back would like to get a few more in a week or so. I found hot water straight from a hot water tap off the furnace was perfect to blast the heavy syrup sludge off the bottom of the barrel.

I got mine at about 80-90% clean, you can still get an odor from them but for long term water is was planning on boiling it for drinking anyways. So for toilets I will just use the water straight from the barrel, for water I will boil. I can't see why a lot of guys are hung up on 55 gallon drums, those are very heavy to move.

These are very durable and easier to move around even full of water.

Jason.

We buy the 55 gallon blue barrels for $5.00 each that were used for food quality vinegar which is a preservative. They rinse out very quickly and there is no taste of the vinegar in the stored water. I use them for potable water at my hunting camp. I fill them at home while on my 18 foot utility trailer and use a barrel hauler to get them off and moved into position in my shed. Not that big of a deal to unload and move with the right hauler and a few extra hands.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom