• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Watch Feinstein react to Trump's gun proposal

I'm inclined to believe that Trump is playing this the way he played the very public DACA meeting .Support both sides, give the Dems the impression he'll sign something they want .Have the negotiations fall apart, have him look good and the Dems look like idiots. Or have him give a small concession like bump stocks in order to get the teachers armed or some other offensive capability. In other words actually solve the problem

he was doing her a BIG FAVOR by sitting her right next to him....making it seem she had the president's ear AND her making sure gun control gets thru finally. Everyone who owns a TV saw her there. It will be her re-election mantra: I can WORK with trump and get shit done.

Her own party abandoned her for the next election....so she will be owning the Trumpster a YUGE favor now.

I'm inclined to believe that Trump is playing this the way he played the very public DACA meeting .Support both sides, give the Dems the impression he'll sign something they want .Have the negotiations fall apart, have him look good and the Dems look like idiots. Or have him give a small concession like bump stocks in order to get the teachers armed or some other offensive capability. In other words actually solve the problem

That was the same impression I got after watching that video. He handed her the rope and is going to watch her tie the knot, laughing all the while.

Let's see what passes. The optics of this are pretty bad but with Trump you never know - could very well be trolling the Dems. Either way I'd prefer it if he told Feinswine to go color.

Let's see what passes. The optics of this are pretty bad but with Trump you never know - could very well be trolling the Dems. Either way I'd prefer it if he told Feinswine to go color.

Yeah its all TBD with regard to how it pans out. If I was in his position I would consider letting the Dems run wild with putting unpassable shit into the bill then when they get to the point of opening shitting in the sink I would turn around and point out to everyone "Hey look at these sink shitters! They ruined a good thing."

I have done that to people before and will do again, but its all TBD on whether he is using that kind of strategy or just trying to "consensus" his way to a solution so he doesn't get pinned with not acting the next time it comes around.

Trump was elected because he was breaking from traditional politicians who trip over their own feet playing politics. He was elected because people wanted solutions and you need to think outside the box to do that which doesn’t happen often in DC.
Maintaining our rights and providing real safety all around while at the same time passing tax reform, daca, wall, improving economy, reducing debt is not an easy task. Let’s not forget he is a businessman trying to offer solutions and he asking for support from people who are politicians with a specific party agenda subject to external lobbying groups.

Can't begrudge Trump too harshly on this one, as gun owners we are only as good as the next mass shooting and we knew a day of reckoning would eventually be at hand. We are still better off than with Hillary in the white house, and if we are going to change hearts and minds we need an attitude adjustment, because "Muh Gunz! And "Melon Labia" isn't going to get us far.

We should be pushing for more mental health protections, a change in age for being an adult- not just a change in rifle purchases that won't matter, and I hate to say it but access to NICS for private sales.

I'm really not sure what to make of this meeting ... it could be either a sellout, or brilliant politics. The sellout option is easy to see. But given what he's said, here's what I potentially see:

1) Bump stocks - don't ban them, he'll "do it himself". He gets to "do something" and get the credit, and if the courts say "That's not what the law actually says and you can't make new law", oh well. He's already gotten the credit, and people's attention spans are short.

2) Encouraging AWB - There are clearly LOTS of Dems who recall the political cost of an AWB. Giving them enough encouragement that they run headlong into this one before the midterms would be a gift for the GOP, one more issue to batter them with.

3) Stripping reciprocity - If your intent is to set up a massive AWB to fail publicly, stripping out a key issue for 2A supporters into a separate bill makes sense. Don't lose a key issue on a bill you never intend to pass.

So I don't know. Could be a sellout, could be him playing the Dems like a bunch of fools to improve standing in the midterms. Only time will tell.

I just heard on the radio he won’t attach national reciprocity to any bill. f*** that guy.

Last I checked, NO president is in charge of passing legislation in either house. Typical "I'm Donald, so I'll do what I want" sort of stuff. Exactly what I expected of him. While most times, politically, he's not aligned with the last guy, he certainly LOOKS a lot like the last guy. :(

Trump was elected because he was breaking from traditional politicians who trip over their own feet playing politics. He was elected because people wanted solutions and you need to think outside the box to do that which doesn’t happen often in DC.
Maintaining our rights and providing real safety all around while at the same time passing tax reform, daca, wall, improving economy, reducing debt is not an easy task. Let’s not forget he is a businessman trying to offer solutions and he asking for support from people who are politicians with a specific party agenda subject to external lobbying groups.

Yeah. And I don't believe for a SECOND that he cares more about this country than he does his image. He might as well have starred in Guccione's Caligula for crying out loud. So if he thinks he can get good press and re-elected by adding to gun laws, he certainly will.

Can't begrudge Trump too harshly on this one, as gun owners we are only as good as the next mass shooting and we knew a day of reckoning would eventually be at hand. We are still better off than with Hillary in the white house, and if we are going to change hearts and minds we need an attitude adjustment, because "Muh Gunz! And "Melon Labia" isn't going to get us far.

We should be pushing for more mental health protections, a change in age for being an adult- not just a change in rifle purchases that won't matter, and I hate to say it but access to NICS for private sales.

Given how many people here that surgically attached their lips to his posterior, I certainly think he deserves to be judged harshly.

We've already seen in the FL Legislature, in FedEx and elsewhere that SENSIBLE people are showing this isn't a gun issue. He could have played that very well, except not in the media (see above). He chose a different route. I'll judge him pretty harshly.

On THIS issue, if he gets some sort of new AWB or something passed, is he REALLY better than Hillary???? I think this is a "not a second term, not on your life" sort of event for him. The next couple of weeks will be interesting.

I just heard on the radio he won’t attach national reciprocity to any bill. f*** that guy.

Thia is what he actually said...

"I think that maybe that bill will someday pass but it should pass as a separate” bill, Trump replied to Scalise.

"If you're going to put concealed carry between states into this bill, we're talking about a whole new ballgame. And you know I’m with you but let it be a separate bill,” he continued.

“You'll never get this passed if you add concealed carry to this, you’ll never get it passed.”

so he is not negotiating. He's just adding their infringements /restrictions to the bill. yeah...sell out....that's all he is...

This should make it more clear what transpired...

FF to 8:44 where Fineswine brings up the AWB.

At 31:15 Klobucher brings up the "gun show loophole", background checks, and then
adds "of course I support Diannes bill and other things, Trump asks about adding it to the
bill, turns to Fineswine and asks "Dianne, if you could add what you have also, and I think you
can, to the bill"...

I wonder if he really meant what he said, or was it a brain fart and he totally blanked out and
didn't make the connection between what Klobucher said and Fineswines shit bill.

This bill was DOA long before this latest shooting. Congress never had the balls to pass any sort of national reciprocity.

IMO that's a good thing. national reciprocity would mean a national database of licensed/permitted gun owners. And possibly lead to things like REQUIRING a license regardless of what state you are living in.

Waat??? Is there a nationwide registry of driver's licenses?

"Boy, lemme see yo lisuhnse tuh carrah!"

"Here is my (Vermont, Maine, NH, Alaska, Missouri, etc.,) driver's license showing I am a resident of that state. As such I am legally permitted to carry a firearm concealed in my home state."

IMO that's a good thing. national reciprocity would mean a national database of licensed/permitted gun owners. And possibly lead to things like REQUIRING a license regardless of what state you are living in.

While I think nat rep if done right would have been a huge thing, I don't think "done right" is really achievable. I also think that it would have led to the anti states larding up their laws and making things worse for people
carrying under federally mandated reciprocity. EG, it would be possible to create a state carry law that is compliant with reciprocity but "pinched on the edges" so that it could easily entrap people into a situation where the state would have the upper hand in a court battle.

None of this matters anyways because IMHO nat rep isn't happening, not with this president, not with this congress- unless the NRA pulls a smoke filled room job an decides to do "rights trading" behind our back, like "we get nat rep, you get ERPO, UBC, 21 for all non fudd guns" etc. Then again if they did that, and it got out (which it would) it would blow up in their face.... I hope they don't even think about it, because it would weaken all RKBA activism.

-Mike

He plays all the politicians like a fiddle; he brakes the strings when it comes to demorats. Don’t jump to conclusions already, just watch it play out.

Based on the replies from many here, he’s definitely playing some people like a fiddle.

But I’m not surprised. After championing and praising him like it’s their job, can’t really turn back when he proposes gun control that is even left of the left.

He plays all the politicians like a fiddle; he brakes the strings when it comes to demorats. Don’t jump to conclusions already, just watch it play out.

yeah, watch it play out or watch yourself wake in the middle of the night to police knocking on your door to confiscate.

Donny F-ed up real bad with this but I think that he didn't realize what he was saying at the time. It's just like the DACA meeting.
He was all like " lets do a clean DACA bill" then the Rep were like what are you talking about and then he was like "lets do a clean DACA bill with border security".
The shit he said about doing "the due process later" is fully-semi-automatically retarded. I mean he just disregarded the 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendments as trivialities. Say what you will about Obama, but at least he would never say this shit out loud because he understood the law.
Don seems to have a hard-on for Fix-nics and raising the age to buy to 21. That probably will happen, but it will end there. No bans.
If he was wise he would talk compromise in public, but then they would make all of this contingent national reciprocity. I don't think hes that smart.
Feinstein looks like she just got 2.21 Jiggawatts straight to here flux capacitor. Her sandbox is currently in 1955.

Back
Top Bottom