Warning - Concord Gun Show RT 93 Speed Traps

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I just got back from the Concord Gun Show and anyone going to day or tomorrow need to be aware of the speed traps in NH on the way up AND on the way back to MA.

Once I was over the NH border and the two lane highway on 93 turned into a 3 lane highway, there were 4 cruisers tucked in next to the fast lane. There were 10 cars lined up getting tickets. I figured that it should be clear from there, but I was wrong. 3-4 miles up the road from the first trap, I went by 3 motorcycle cops tucked in on the fast lane who had another 5 cars pulled over. Damn!!!

Once I left on the way home I ran into another 2 speed traps in NH and one in MA. What the F. Good thing I wasn't in that huge of a rush, but I bet it ruined a lot of people's day.

Oh and the gun show was pretty good. Typical drooling over a bunch of stuff we can't own here in MA. I went looking for a few accessories and didn't leave with anything. Amazing as there were several things I wanted to buy but passed. John from Liotec was there and chatted with him for a bit. A number of NESers where there before me as well. He had a bunch of his stuff there for sale. He had Hunters there, but no Freedoms though.

I usually can't transit MA-NH on 93 without seeing at least one NHSP unit on that side, and every once in awhile you'll see MA units on the other side. Usually the traffic causes rate limiting so it doesn't matter much, but I imagine during some hours of the day you could crank up yourself a nice potential ticket going 75+.

-Mike

I was going to say everyone should know being a 3 day weekend cops are out all over the place. Not to mention the students coming back. At least for our area.[rolleyes]

Maybe it's because I'm such a nice lovable guy, but I've been pulled over twice in the last 20 years, both times on 93 by NHSP, both times waaaaaaaaaaaaay over the limit, both time drove off with a warning. [smile]

Ken

They got me twice in two weeks. Both times they gave me a ticket. The first was before exit 20 and the next one before exit 24.

The first time the trooper said to me, Where are you going in such a hurry. I replied, down hill. He knew what I was saying.

The next week the same tropper grabbed me and guess what he said, Where are you going in such a hurry.

I replied, Down hill just like last week. I knew he wasn't going to give me a break, the ones at the bottom of the hills never do.

That's the favorite trick up there. They sit at the bottom of a steep hill so they can write more tickets for higher amounts.

Speed traps in NH on 93 N seem to be a regular occurrence. Just after 93/293 reconnect north of Concord.

There were at least two stationary traps this morning on 93 north, and three more rolling ones between the Mass line and Concord. I'm glad I decided to leave early for the show so I was in no hurry, the show was expensive enough without further supporting NH with a traffic fine.

It was nice to see some of you guys stop bye my table today. I did not see any speedtraps but I was up there around 7:30am.
Yes you guys cleaned me out of Freedoms for sure. More will be in next week.

John

With no state tax, we rely on tolls and tickets to get $$$ from you MA residents. On Fridays our local PD sets out motorcycle cops to ticket people driving up the shoulder. You know, those people who put on their right-blinker and driver up the shoulder a mile or so to the next exit (or back into traffic). They even posted "No Travel on Shoulder" signs.

That habit, and turning left in front of oncoming traffic when the light turns green, isn't legal here in NH (or MA, but people do it anyway).

I've got some article correlating compliance to traffic laws with general crime rates somewhere that found states with highest traffic scofflaw rates had higher petty crime rates. Go figure.

There seems to be a direct correlation between having a Democrat in the Governor's mansion and a high number of speed traps on the highways.

Also watch for State Police speed traps on Route 3 North just over the Nashua border … Their two favorite spots to congregate are right at the border sitting in the median, and a mile or two further just after exit 2 sitting on the left side hidden behind the overpass … 55mph all through here, on a road that should be 65mph …Just our way of welcoming tourists to the state.

55mph speed limits are a joke.
they have it at that speed for one reason, and thats to make money.

55mph speed limits are a joke.
they have it at that speed for one reason, and thats to make money.

Duh, without taxes what do you expect? And it is the end of the month, quotas!

3/Everett Turnpike/293 is better. It starts 55, turns 65, goes back to 55, becomes 35 at the toll booth, then 10 through them, then 55, then 45/50 through Manch.

Duh, without taxes what do you expect? And it is the end of the month, quotas!

3/Everett Turnpike/293 is better. It starts 55, turns 65, goes back to 55, becomes 35 at the toll booth, then 10 through them, then 55, then 45/50 through Manch.

yeah, i guess i should expect to be under more arbitrary laws then i already am, and punished for breaking them when they are set at a asinine 55-65mph.

Back
Top Bottom