Want to get paid to be OPFOR at the Mass Military Reservation? (Camp Edwards/Otis)

This memo came through the base fire station today from a company called "Advantage Technical Resourcing" and i thought to myself that this is right up NES's alley lol

For those unaware there is huge FOB (forward operating base), mockup Iraqi village and various other training sites on the MMR that were built over the last few years to train troops deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan. This year they are stepping it up a notch by expanding all those facilities as well as using all 20,000 acres of the range to set up more hostile villages, forward camps and ambush points utilizing the roads and terrain out there, and in June there is going to be a month long exercise for over 1,000 troops, convoys of vehicles and helicopters.

Apparently this company's been tasked with filling some slots. Now when I originally saw this I immediately thought I was going to get to run around dressed as the Taliban and shooting those new training "wax bullets" that use 2 primers. But after reading this it seems the positions they’re looking for seem mostly support personnel although they also want you to be fit enough to run around the woods and have experience as a role player so who knows.

anywho seems like a good gig or side job for 6 weeks of work if anyone is interested, the memo is below, feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Advantage Technical Resourcing is a leading provider of engineering and technical talent and is starting to accept resumes for over 60 positions. This exercise will begin late May timeframe and last approximately for six weeks. This Project will be at Camp Edwards in Buzzards Bay, MA. This project will support the United State Armed Forces. ALL candidates will need to have a valid state driver’s license and be able to pass a criminal background check.

IDEAL candidate will posses the following skills
• Valid drivers license
• Pass a comprehensive 7 year background check
• Prior military training exercise experience a big plus
• Current of prior military service a big plus/preferred
• Ability to provide your DD-214 or honorably discharge certificate
• Ability to work overtime on a daily basis
• Ability to work 7 days a week during the project
• Able to work at a fast pace
• Capable of understanding and following oral instructions

WE are looking for candidates for the following positions
• Film, video, camera or editing experience (30 positions)
• HVAC Mechanical and Maintenance (5 positions)
• Computer & Networking Operators (15 positions)
• Administrative assistance positions (2 positions)
• Logistical and material handlers (10 positions)

Desired Education: high school diploma
Desired experience: Prior active duty military service or current member of reserve components. COB/ role players participant at a military training center

In good physical condition fit enough to walk 3km over all kinds of terrain in all kinds of weather and able to remain standing for long periods of time

Able to work whatever hours it takes to ensure success which may be more than 12 hours per training day (plenty of overtime pay)

Please send your contact information and resume to:
[email protected]
Please list “Camp Edwards” in the subject line of your e-mail response

You can also call Lind Geller at (781) 251-8670 and Andrea Gasperini at 800-525-7555 X1309 or e-mail at [email protected] and [email protected]

so......we should come up with a placard or something to put in the windshields of NES'er Humvees. kind of a ' go fu%k with someone else' placard.
there willl be more than a few us down there for this.

I'm thinking that it would be a good summer job for my son... except that it's 120 miles from home...

Back
Top Bottom