WALTHER PK-380 & PPS 40 NOW APPROVED

Unless the 380 is the same frame and you can swap it back and forth to make it into/ back to a 22 I just don't see this one. We can only hope that it works equally well on 380 as the 22?

Unless the 380 is the same frame and you can swap it back and forth to make it into/ back to a 22 I just don't see this one. We can only hope that it works equally well on 380 as the 22?

their frames are slightly different and are not interchangable. I priced one up last year not knowing it wasn't MA complaint yet and I got a price of $369. Good price for a .380 from a proven mfg.

not sure, I assumed once the roster was publicized it had the AG's blessing.

[rofl] [laugh2]

You assume too much. The AG's office won't even talk to the GCAB, as of the last time I discussed this with a member of GCAB.

There are dealers that will work from the Eeops "big list," or dealers that only work from the AG's list.

Those that "only work from the AG's list" certainly don't sell any guns. [thinking] [laugh]

Hint for those that have been asleep since 1998: There never has been an "AG's list" and likely never will be!

Really sweet shooting gun. Picked one up at MFL a couple of months ago for $325 I think... no issues, right outta the box. Of course, ammo is nearly unobtainium.

How long have the Glocks been on the list? Always, but not AG "approved'? I remember the issues BassPro had when they moved into Foxboro.

not sure, I assumed once the roster was publicized it had the AG's blessing.

Handguns are never "blessed" by the AG's office, in any way shape or form.

The reality is the manufacturers submit guns to EOPS after they've passed the testing (with proof of this) then they get on the roster. At that point, the manufacturer makes a decision with their lawyers based on whether or not they think the gun will piss off the AG or not. Then they fire off letters to the AG stating that they intend to sell model XYZ in the commonwealth, and get nothing in return. Then at that point they start selling them here and basically cross their fingers hoping the AG won't find something to whine/complain about. Yes, the process is literally that bad. The AG's office rather intentionally says nothing so that it can always maintain the upper hand.

I would say in this case though, the chances of the two guns in question being on the MA market in the next few months is pretty high, though, considering the 9mm PPS is basically sold here, at least with the garbage trigger. The P380 probably has a
mag safety and all that other crap in it, so it too will probably be fine. All you can really do is ask your dealers about it. They typically will start selling as soon as their distributors get them an "MA compliant" SKU for the guns in question.

All this fun stuff is covered in the FAQ I have stickied in the MA gun laws subforum about handgun compliance.

-Mike

I would be interesting to see a group of gun manufacturers combined with MA dealers and consumers bring a suit against the AG demanding either 100% clarification of their recommendations or having an independent testing company set up that certifies that a product meets or exceeds the ag's safety recommendations ** think underwriters laboratory**

Handguns are never "blessed" by the AG's office, in any way shape or form.

The reality is the manufacturers submit guns to EOPS after they've passed the testing (with proof of this) then they get on the roster. At that point, the manufacturer makes a decision with their lawyers based on whether or not they think the gun will piss off the AG or not. Then they fire off letters to the AG stating that they intend to sell model XYZ in the commonwealth, and get nothing in return. Then at that point they start selling them here and basically cross their fingers hoping the AG won't find something to whine/complain about. Yes, the process is literally that bad. The AG's office rather intentionally says nothing so that it can always maintain the upper hand.

I would say in this case though, the chances of the two guns in question being on the MA market in the next few months is pretty high, though, considering the 9mm PPS is basically sold here, at least with the garbage trigger. The P380 probably has a
mag safety and all that other crap in it, so it too will probably be fine. All you can really do is ask your dealers about it. They typically will start selling as soon as their distributors get them an "MA compliant" SKU for the guns in question.

All this fun stuff is covered in the FAQ I have stickied in the MA gun laws subforum about handgun compliance.

-Mike

Mike, thanks for the "clarification"
What was passed onto me from S&W is the PK-380 is the exact same gun (safety features) as the P-22. Not to mention almost it's identical twin in szie.
Only real difference is the size of the barrel and the mags.
Steve

[rofl] [laugh2]

You assume too much. The AG's office won't even talk to the GCAB, as of the last time I discussed this with a member of GCAB.

Those that "only work from the AG's list" certainly don't sell any guns. [thinking] [laugh]

Hint for those that have been asleep since 1998: There never has been an "AG's list" and likely never will be!

Well now I am confused. Glocks are on the list? So theoretically a ma resident SHOULD be able to buy a NEW one from a dealer?

Bah, no matter. I moved out of that state for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom