• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walther P38 - whats it worth?

Hello - Does anyone have any ideas on the value of:

Walther P38, all numbers matching, ac43, low serial number from first block of 10,000, 95% original finish - white markings on stamps still bright, matching magazine - with jvd code still in white, no import marks, and with the original capture papers.

Any P38 afficianados out there with some thoughts?

Did all P38s have their frame/acceptance stamps painted white? Thanks!

I can't tell you what it's worth but I've seen prices fro a low of $450 to $850. Maybe someone else can chime in on what makes them worth more.... or less.

It will be the higher end with the paperwork. (think over 850) I don't know for sure but the 450.00 ones are Russian capture refurbished ones. newly imported.

the one in question seems to be a bring back and with paperwork it is good proof of it.

I would say very good, Like I said with the bring back paperwork it adds $ value to it.
Looks like a Nice addition to ANY collection.

UPS is usually the preferred method for shipping firearms since they have a procedure where the driver has to sign for it before he takes it and get a signature when he delivers it. If something happens where the gun is lost or stolen, the last signature is the person responsible for it.

Yup a handgun needs to be sent certified with a mandatory adult signature upon receipt IIRC.

I have an AC43 P38 all original with no import markings, with a non-matching mag. Slight blue wear here and there. The finish on the late-war guns was not spectacular anyhow. I paid ~$500 for mine.

You got a nice deal there.

The "white" markings are from using a white lacquer stick (available cheap from Brownells) to fill in the engraving so it stands out when seen/photographed.

So the white is not paint and not original to the firearm?

Thanks for all the feedback. Due to the holiday shipping volume, will probably arrive between XMAS and New Years. Ill post pics when I get it.

Merry Christmas to me! Im as excited as when I was a little kid getting a big wheel!

So the white is not paint and not original to the firearm?//
No, don't think so.

Folks also use white tire crayon. I've done it on a few guns. If you go to a JC Garand match "they all look alike" and you don't want to switch inadvertently among 20+ nearly identical looking rifles.

Acetone mineral spirits and a soft tooth brush should take it off, but find out first what it is, and be gentle.

426912534_kfvup-O.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom