Walter Duddy. Law Enforcement Supply in Waltham, MA Passed away.

Kilroy

NES Member
Just heard that, Walter Duddy of Law Enforcement Supply in Waltham, MA Passed away back in June. Have not set foot in that shop in over 30 years. Did not get good vibes from them back then. Did not realize they were still open. So, with McELHINEY'S gone for years and Walter Duddy gone. Will Waltham become a dry FFL dealer city. Anyways RIP.

Just heard that, Walter Duddy of Law Enforcement Supply in Waltham, MA Passed away back in June. Have not set foot in that shop in over 30 years. Did not get good vibes from them back then. Did not realize they were still open. So, with McELHINEY'S gone for years and Walter Duddy gone. Will Waltham become a dry FFL dealer city. Anyways RIP.

I am sad to hear that. I have known Walter for around 35 years. He often pretended to be grumpy, feeling that being too nice was a weakness.

He genuinely was a nice guy with a good heart.

His family has been in Waltham for generations. They usto own a convince store on Moody Street, as well.

Many police departments throughout the state have purchased their weapons through Walter.

Long before opening his Law Enforcement Supply store; Walter usto go into my grandfathers gun store which was on Moody Street in the1950's with his father.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. 🙏

i met him a couple times through guys that were close to him. seemed friendly and out going with those he knew well, could be "stand-offish" to others. i never had been to the shop. don't know how true it was but i heard it was le only and you needed to be lettered to buy guns.

rip mr. duddy

I've been in there a few times, and the guys were always quite friendly. Their prices were higher than average, but he gave a good deal on a revolver once.

i met him a couple times through guys that were close to him. seemed friendly and out going with those he knew well, could be "stand-offish" to others. i never had been to the shop. don't know how true it was but i heard it was le only and you needed to be lettered to buy guns.

rip mr. duddy

Not true.

Yes there were certain models that were L.E. Only because of the Massachusetts Tyrannical List;

But anything on the list he would sell to ANYBODY who was a licensed.

If he was pretending to be a dick to new customers he pulled it off pretty well. Went in once years ago and left knowing I wouldn’t be back. It was very “Gun Room” - esque.

Back
Top Bottom