• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wall tent feedback/input

rogerk

NES Member
Freezing my dingles off while the deer continue to get the better of me. Peter’s positive mention of them on his excursions piqued my interest until I have time to build the cabin.

There’s no shortage of makers/vendors offering mainly canvas cloth of varying weights. Most offer stove jack cutouts which is key, 5”-6”.

My use case isn’t unique. Once it goes up, I don’t plan on taking it down until the cabin is done. Could be this summer, could be 3 years from now. I will be able to sled in after a storm and beat the snow down so snow load shouldn’t get too out of hand

Im favoring the likes of Kodiak canvas as they offer integrated poly/vinyl floor and have a support post that catches the ridge for support. Downside is the wall is only 4’. White Duck also seems decent enough. No attached vestibule like Kodiak so firewood would have to sit inside the main tent.

Let me know your experiences. Appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom