Waiting for the weather to clear....

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
With the buyer backing out, I realized I had more time on my hands and all my gun stuff had been packed up for the move. I needed a few more books to read, and it only took me 4 boxes to find what I was looking for...

Time to get dirty with the '63 Springfield. If I remember the specs, the Minie balls run .575 and 450gr. Unfortunately the round balls were for my late .71 Prussian, so I've no round balls for the .69 1844 M42.

Now if the weather would clear...

t
IMG_4689.jpg
IMG_4690.jpg
IMG_4691.jpg

I hope you got out, turned out to be a nice day. Little wet around 1pm here then cleared up nice. I was at kids softball
The older child's team cancelled way to early...man was she pissed. She came early to her little sisters game and waited only to get cancelled....

IMG_4692.JPG Hell with it. Car was packed, less a scope and a target. 45 degrees, rain, light breeze. Improvized a target and shot at 50 yards first time out I didn't have a proper measure, so I tried to halve the 80gr spout on the 2X flask. Didn't count how many I shot, but I know I missed one. We're all dirty now; time for lots of hot and soapy water.

T

Last edited:
ahh shooting in less than ideal weather. I am at the point where I don't trust my results if the weather is nice.
if anyone sees my post on any firearms testing it usually is wet,wind and cold. No luxury of picking my range days so I go...short of huricanes and blizzards im shooting

Back
Top Bottom