Waiting for my press

Picked, Sorted, and tumbled cleaned right around 10k+ brass these last 2 weeks...honestly had a great time doing it. Gf arrived home from Vietnam and thought it was the coolest thing...great girl...c'mon dillon get here.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344372643.283337.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344372564.693698.jpg

I love reloading, it's very satisfying. I'm like u, I have tons of bins of deprimed, sonic cleaned and tumbled brass put away waiting for a rainy day.

Holy brass bonanza!!! I'm sad that my reloading is getting put on hold for the upcoming move...can't wait to get set up whenever we get into a house in NH.

Graf and Sons gives C&R discounts on Dillon Presses.

If you don't have the C&R Brian Enos is the next best deal free shipping over $400.00 they both beat Dillon direct and same warranty.

I have dealt with both companies, Brian Enos forum is also a fountian of Dillon reloading information.

If you don't have the C&R Brian Enos is the next best deal free shipping over $400.00 they both beat Dillon direct and same warranty.

I have dealt with both companies, Brian Enos forum is also a fountian of Dillon reloading information.

Thanks for the info. I've been meaning to get a C&R license; maybe this is the time. Since my brass collection is on the meager side, I'm not in a real hurry to buy yet anyway.

I have my C&R and spoke to a place via email...the price was great and then they broke the shipping news...nearly $100 as "dealers don't get shipping breaks"...this was about a year ago

Yea grafs quoted me $460 something but the shipping was nearly $100 at the time..no dealer discount on shipping or something (they may have chaned their policy)....I would keep my eye out for a dillon xl650 that someone has poured a bunch of money in and basically get it for a fraction of what they spent. The guy I bought the Dillon xl650 from bought just about every option and now all i have to do is buy 2 die sets, bullet feeder dies and make my own bullet feeder and I will have a sick ammo making machine...http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_42/349969_DIY_Hornady_LNL_AP_Bullet_Feeder__9mm_.html

I am all about making it a smooth process and buying a lesser press would have just aggravated me

Yea grafs quoted me $460 something but the shipping was nearly $100 at the time..no dealer discount on shipping or something (they may have chaned their policy)....I would keep my eye out for a dillon xl650 that someone has poured a bunch of money in and basically get it for a fraction of what they spent. The guy I bought the Dillon xl650 from bought just about every option and now all i have to do is buy 2 die sets, bullet feeder dies and make my own bullet feeder and I will have a sick ammo making machine...http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_42/349969_DIY_Hornady_LNL_AP_Bullet_Feeder__9mm_.html

I am all about making it a smooth process and buying a lesser press would have just aggravated me

That sounds really high. Were you living in Hawaii at the time or have some primers or powder included which will automatically add $25 for the hazmat fee? The biggest down side to Graf's is the shipping process. Their e-commerce system isn't tied to their shipping system (at least on the dealer side) so you have to ask for a quote if you don't want to be surprised by the shipping cost. And even then the quote is a ball park quote. I just last week upgraded my single stage to an LNL. With the discount for the LNL, 2 shell plates (9mm and .45), a .45 4 die set (I already have the 9mm), and a 3 bushing pack (the press comes with 5). The cost of the press and other stuff was 466.50 and the shipping was 29.90. They quoted me $35 for fedex ground so it was $5 less than I thought it would be which made it even better because it all fit on a gift card I had [thumbsup]. I had bought my Lee single stage kit 2 years ago from them and the shipping was in the same ball park although because the Lee was so inexpensive the shipping came to almost 40% of the total price.

BTW thanks for the bullet feeder link! I remember coming across it awhile back but forgot to bookmark it and couldn't remember where I saw it.[cheers]

That sounds really high. Were you living in Hawaii at the time or have some primers or powder included which will automatically add $25 for the hazmat fee? The biggest down side to Graf's is the shipping process. Their e-commerce system isn't tied to their shipping system (at least on the dealer side) so you have to ask for a quote if you don't want to be surprised by the shipping cost. And even then the quote is a ball park quote. I just last week upgraded my single stage to an LNL. With the discount for the LNL, 2 shell plates (9mm and .45), a .45 4 die set (I already have the 9mm), and a 3 bushing pack (the press comes with 5). The cost of the press and other stuff was 466.50 and the shipping was 29.90. They quoted me $35 for fedex ground so it was $5 less than I thought it would be which made it even better because it all fit on a gift card I had [thumbsup]. I had bought my Lee single stage kit 2 years ago from them and the shipping was in the same ball park although because the Lee was so inexpensive the shipping came to almost 40% of the total price.

BTW thanks for the bullet feeder link! I remember coming across it awhile back but forgot to bookmark it and couldn't remember where I saw it.[cheers]

Man I should have tried them again..I live in Mass....I was ordering a bunch of stuff and I remember it adding up to basically what I would have paid so I did not pursue....yea the bullet feeder is cool I am going to give it a whirl if I don't get into casting bullets

I ordered my press back in the late eighties I'm sure shipping was cheaper back then. Dillon 550 slightly over $300.00 back then.

I know they still offer discouints as I just bought some .223 dies and they were discounted.

Weigh all your choices if shipping is too much buy it from Brian Enos, excellent service, business and a great person.

Last edited:
Picked up my press and was blown away guy threw in 7 extra tool heads ,7 stands for extras, 2 additional quick change units, 3 powder sensors, 2 extra die sets with conversion sets,the DVD , basically the auction times 3 for accessories...my decent deal turned into a steal

Press was set up but never used...dusty press with not a single mark on it...overwhelmed with amount of stuff... Hope to get some pics when mounted up....first up 45LC

Back
Top Bottom