W. Springfield Gun Show March 5-6

Did this one last fall. Was OK. A larger version of the Marlboro one with more room between tables. Ammo was only sold outside under a tent, not sure why. Rained pretty good that day so the line to get in and ammo trip was soggy.

I believe they also have this again in 1st week of June? It was kind of small, although I did manage to drag something home with me, so yeah.

I am just out of back surgery so I doubt I'll be going. Ammo is sold outside because (as I understand it) there is some sort of BigE regulation against ammo inside the buildings. Their house, their rules.

My son and I are going, mostly for him to look at the military stuff. He is worse than I was at his age collecting old ribbons, helmets and whatever WW1 and up lol.

Jason.

Looks like any other show then. I was hoping for some different vendors that wouldn't necessarily make it out to eastern Mass. But you never know until you go? Looking like Sunday for me.

To me it isn't worth the ride, however there used to be (10 yrs ago) an Ohio AR parts vendor who only did the Big E, didn't venture to other MA shows.

This was back when nobody else was selling AR parts locally. That no longer being the case, the value is questionable. I saw a number of vendors at Foxboro (325 table show) selling AR parts last month and they'll be back in April as well.

For someone who lives in Central/W. MA the Big E makes sense as long as you factor in the payment for parking into your economic calculations.

Looks like any other show then. I was hoping for some different vendors that wouldn't necessarily make it out to eastern Mass. But you never know until you go? Looking like Sunday for me.

There will be a few vendors that you see in Marlboro, Foxboro, etc', but you will see a number of different vendors there as well from the Springfield west area. As to ammo it will be the NY guys that you see at all the shows.

I am just out of back surgery so I doubt I'll be going. Ammo is sold outside because (as I understand it) there is some sort of BigE regulation against ammo inside the buildings. Their house, their rules.

I think it was more of West Springfield PD/FD back n forth with the Big E.

For someone who lives in Central/W. MA the Big E makes sense as long as you factor in the payment for parking into your economic calculations.

For us in Western Mass the nearest other MA gun show is (IIRC) Marlboro. Gas plus travel time (about 2 hrs one way for me) is a big consideration. I'm just glad I have ANY show out this close.

I think it was more of West Springfield PD/FD back n forth with the Big E.

That may have been the root of it.

Might have to pop in on Sunday. Either way I'm going for my monthly run to my favorite pizza place out there.

Which is? My wife is showing a couple of our dogs in Springfield this weekend. I might actually go if there's pizza AND guns.

Last edited:
whats the deal with ccw at this show?

No loaded firearms allowed within the building. There are police at the door asking.

it's the honor system. They ask if you have anything, they ask you to unload (there's a sand bucket) they bag your mags and ammo and leave them on a table. Pick them up on the way out

no metal detectors, no pat downs

Nicky's... Seriously?? There's much better pizza in Agawam than Nicky's.

Try Ferrintinos that's just down the street from Nicky's, across the street from Six flags.

Or Brunos down on Springfield street. Both much better options.

And watch out on Sunday... Good portion of Main Sreet will be closed for the fallen Police Officers wake.

"$16.00 just to walk in!! That's if you have the dollar off coupon."

Holy smokes??? I see someone mentioned parking is extra, too? With coupon? This could be a deal breaker. That's more than the price of shipping on Flea-bay and I can sit in my grunts. Not looking for anything that bad.

Although, the pizza debate has me in favor of going. Reports from today anyone??

Where's this??? Agawam?? - - - Updated - - - $16.00 just to walk in!! That's if you have the dollar off coupon.

BS I just left. Admission is 12.00 with a 1.00 off coupon which you can download making it 11.00.

It's a lot like the Marlboro show only bigger. Diddlee me I just like going to gun shows some are better than others.

OK, so I just got back from the show and if you like seeing a bunch of junk tables, pens made out of all kinds of crap, crap tables and women's jewelry mixed in with a few tables of guns then this is your show. They also went out of their way to mess up how they laid out the tables. The middle was all compacted with the ends being way spread out. They tried to make the show seem bigger then it was by spreading the outside tables, but there was at last 1/3rd less vendors then I've ever seen at this show.

There was one deal I saw that I'm kicking myself for not taking now. One vendor on the left when you come in was selling a Remington R1 1911 for $599 with a $75 mail in rebate, so the 1911 was basically $524 plus tax. He had 5 of them when I walked in and had one left when I left. Should have bought it..... Ah well.

I liked the show. I am partial to older firearms and there were quite a few tables of older, collectible firearms. No one was giving it away, but it was there.

Bunch of junk. One guy tried to sell me a glock 23 Post ban mag as a Pre ban. I initially gave him the money for it then 30secs later realized it wasnt Pre ban. I told him "hey I'm not Leo and this isn't Pre ban" I heard him whisper to the guy next to him "these guys are smart" . Real dirt bag move if I didn't know what I was buying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

BS I just left. Admission is 12.00 with a 1.00 off coupon which you can download making it 11.00.

It's a lot like the Marlboro show only bigger. Diddlee me I just like going to gun shows some are better than others.

So parking is free??

- - - Updated - - -

I think most are adding the five dollars it was to park on that 12.00 dollar entrance fee.

Jason.

Yup...

Back
Top Bottom