VZ 24 handguard

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
Hey folks,
I recently purchased a VZ24 rifle and went to remove the front hand guard when I noticed I cant find the tool I purchased years ago to remove it[sad]. I looked everywhere. So I need some of your expert help in hunting one down on the internet.

I wont use the electrical tape and vise grips method as suggested on Surplus Rifle .com. I just cant do that to a perfect rifle. My luck I will ruin the head of the lock down piece.

My original removal tool was purchased from Numrichs and they are of course don't have any or they have moved them to some other category.

So if anybody knows where I can buy one please post the link......Thanks folks...I have to get this rifle apart for the upcoming Nov shoot at Mansfield.

Tool?!? You mean using 2 brad nails secured in place by a pair of needle nose Vice Grips to remove the screw that has 2 small holes in it? [laugh]

VZ24fix.jpg

Tool?!? You mean using 2 brad nails secured in place by a pair of needle nose Vice Grips to remove the screw that has 2 small holes in it? [laugh]

VZ24fix.jpg

Leave it to my buddy to make it look easy[wink]......I have a home made deal...I do want the "real deal" however. Any ideas on where I can find it.

Thanks, placed an order today for a set.....I had them overnight deliver it...I just cant wait to clean this baby up and get out to the range....Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions and info.[cheers]

Back
Top Bottom