Vote NO for Judge Gerald Loehr for Supreme court justice on November 6th

Judge Loehr is a vindictive, biased, prejudiced, a political crony with favoritism and corruption written all over him, to say the least. He does not recognize the 2nd amendment as a fundamental "right" and denies home premises permits post McDonald. See for yourself and judge:

http://youtu.be/sJfgvRt31Sg

Last edited:
Apparently he is running for the New York Supreme court..... The vagueness of the post was stellar..
Oh look, a squirrel.

This is the New York portion, if I'm not mistaken. Why would any other "state" supreme court justice be posted here? Perhaps a GPS Navigation for the site?

This is the New York portion, if I'm not mistaken. Why would any other "state" supreme court justice be posted here? Perhaps a GPS Navigation for the site?
+1

I knew what you were talking about instantly without even watching the video.

I guess the concept of holding judges accountable via election is foreign to mass guys

FWIW judges, all the way to the state supreme court, are also elected where I live

Judge Loehr is a vindictive, biased, prejudiced, a political crony with favoritism and corruption written all over him, to say the least. He does not recognize the 2nd amendment as a fundamental "right" and denies home premises permits post McDonald. See for yourself and judge:

http://youtu.be/sJfgvRt31Sg

This.
I didn't know we could vote Tuesday for members of the US Supreme Court. Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Apparently he is running for the New York Supreme court..... The vagueness of the post was stellar..
Oh look, a squirrel.

+1

I knew what you were talking about instantly without even watching the video.

I guess the concept of holding judges accountable via election is foreign to mass guys

FWIW judges, all the way to the state supreme court, are also elected where I live

Agreed, context of the name of the sub-forum.

Also remember, in New York state, the Supreme Court is actually the trial court system (equivilent to the District and Superior Courts in MA; New York's court of last resort is the New York Court of Appeals). Additionally, NY trial court judges are the issuing authority of concealed carry permits outside of NYC, a role equivilent to a Chief of Police in Massachusetts. In New York, the judge not only has to approve your permit, but the specific firearms you carry with it as well.

Thus, if New York has an anti-2A judge denying permits because of a personal belief, they should be voted out.

I do disagree to a point on the "accountable via election" concept. An elected judiciary is never a panacea, and I think it does more harm than good. As a policy matter, I would favor intermediate measures to reform the appoitment systems like the one we have here in MA.

Last edited:
I do disagree to a point on the "accountable via election" concept. An elected judiciary is never a panacea, and I think it does more harm than good.

Never said it was a panacea. However, no matter how much you reform the terms and process of an appointed position, it will never carry the accountability of an elected one.

For the same reason, elected sheriffs > appointed police chiefs in the states outside of New England where sheriffs and their deputies are true peace officers and not just process servers and jailers.

Never said it was a panacea. However, no matter how much you reform the terms and process of an appointed position, it will never carry the accountability of an elected one.

For the same reason, elected sheriffs > appointed police chiefs in the states outside of New England where sheriffs and their deputies are true peace officers and not just process servers and jailers.

I just think you need one branch of government not directly accountable, and the selection of judges via a process attenuated from the voters. Otherwise, what's to keep us from slowly becoming a simple democracy and not a Constituional republic where the rights of the minority are protected? Some of the the things I would much rather see is increased threats of impeachements and courts of final review changed to an even number of judges to cut down on the opputunities for activism.

Back
Top Bottom