• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Non resident carry permit for NYC

So, anyone know the most expedient way to apply for a non-resident carry permit in NYC? Given the new Supreme Court decision I mean ...
Same boat, when I'm in NY next month I will apply, get denied, and seek to appeal or sue. NY has not issued none resident permit to people who didn't own property or business in the state. Although I think the SCOTUS opinion supports not just residents, but also none residents conceal carrying, NY is going to play ignorant and do mental gymnastics, so high probability lawsuit will need to be filed.

Same boat, when I'm in NY next month I will apply, get denied, and seek to appeal or sue. ...
Maybe coordinate with that attorney who just laid that epic lawyer letter on NYS
before you get on the radar. If he wants a picture-perfect plaintiff,
there may be a specific approach he wants you to take.

Maybe coordinate with that attorney who just laid that epic lawyer letter on NYS
before you get on the radar. If he wants a picture-perfect plaintiff,
there may be a specific approach he wants you to take.
Link the info if you've got it.

So, anyone know the most expedient way to apply for a non-resident carry permit in NYC? Given the new Supreme Court decision I mean ...
Most of the time I can never tell when you guys are joking or not, but I will assume you're not. Knowing all that we know, do you seriously believe that NYC and Massachusetts are just going to start handing out gun licenses just because of a court ruling? These people have all the time, money, and resources in the world to fight this. The constitution and the Supreme Court mean nothing to these liberals. Some of these radical bastards will fight to the death. If the Republicans fought as hard as the democrats we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Most of the time I can never tell when you guys are joking or not, but I will assume you're not. Knowing all that we know, do you seriously believe that NYC and Massachusetts are just going to start handing out gun licenses just because of a court ruling? These people have all the time, money, and resources in the world to fight this. The constitution and the Supreme Court mean nothing to these liberals. Some of these radical bastards will fight to the death. If the Republicans fought as hard as the democrats we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
Someone is a Debbie Downer.

Link the info if you've got it.

Someone is a Debbie Downer.
An American't.

i could be wrong, but as i read both NY and NYC requirements to obtain a permit to carry. None allow non-Residents UNLESS...

1. You own or lease a home in NY/NYC
2. Your employed in NY/NYC
3. You own a business in NY/NYC

If you have one of the three things, and its in NYC, then you can get both NY and NYC.

If its only NY, then you can only get NY.

Will non-resident permitting get challenged in all the states that dont offer non-resident permits?
Absolutely. But dont look at that being resolved anytime soon!

Until they get 5, 10 or 15 thousands denied application. That will be hard to explain in court.
“Your honor, we issue permits only to those who have a residence within NYC. None of these applicants maintained such a residence. We have approved all permit applications for individuals maintaining such a residence and who are not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm under state and federal law.”

Doesn’t matter the number… if the requirements are clear and objective (not subjective).

Hope you get the permit, but think it’s a snowballs chance in hell.

The constitution and the Supreme Court mean nothing to these liberals.

Only when it's in their favor .... That's what happens when your mentally retarded, and act like a 3 yr old

“Your honor, we issue permits only to those who have a residence within NYC. None of these applicants maintained such a residence. We have approved all permit applications for individuals maintaining such a residence and who are not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm under state and federal law.”

Doesn’t matter the number… if the requirements are clear and objective (not subjective).

Hope you get the permit, but think it’s a snowballs chance in hell.

Well i was referring to residents not non-residents. Like i said in a previous post. Neither NYC or NY issues Non resident unless they own a buisness, employed in NY/nyc or own/lease a home.

So i do agree, if your not a resident or meet one of those three things, you will get denied.

I also never said i was applying for a NY or NYC permit! lol

Neither NYC or NY issues Non resident unless they own a buisness, employed in NY/nyc or own/lease a home.
If they "own/lease a home", they're residents.
lI77TO1k21Y3mZt8crKHcg.png

If they "own/lease a home", they're residents.
lI77TO1k21Y3mZt8crKHcg.png

Wish it was that easy for every state, but it isn’t. Some states recognize dual residency. Other states do not. Some require a state issued ID or DL.

I have a Texas DL, I live in Texas. I have a Utah ID, and own a vacation home in Utah. I could get away and claim resident status. But legally I can’t. Otherwise I would have to pay additional taxes. I’m not going to buy or lease a home in NY or NYC just to get a permit

As far as I know, Mass hands out LTCs to residents and non-residents. There are some communities that are kind of anal retentive about it, but most communities give them. Mass is not as nasty as NY or NJ or Maryland or California.

The four worst areas are NY, NYC, CA and Hawaii.

NY, NYC and Ca currently being the most defiant.

Hawaii JUST started issuing Concealed carry permits but until young v Hawaii is settled, they are refusing to hand out any open carry permits.

However, in the next few days before 9-1-22 NY will get its butt slapped, followed by California.

MA is issuing and has been issuing. They have just been issuing restricted permits. However none of those restrictions exist anymore, and they are issuing without restrictions now.

As far as NJ goes… they are NOW issuing their permits. Now that doesn’t mean things won’t change the next legislative session.

Maryland is issuing too.

As far as I know, Mass hands out LTCs to residents and non-residents. There are some communities that are kind of anal retentive about it, but most communities give them. Mass is not as nasty as NY or NJ or Maryland or California.
MD has already issued thousands of licenses post-Bruen.

NJ has begun to issue to residents and non-residents. some state police barracks are having confusion/incompetence/issues with processing applications though.

NY and especially NYC is now developing legislation that makes it next to impossible to legally carry much of anywhere in the city.
Funny how all those politicians are perfectly fine with those weapons in the hands of the people who protect them.
Guns for party apparatchiks, but not for the serfs.

Funny how all those politicians are perfectly fine with those weapons in the hands of the people who protect them.
Guns for party apparatchiks, but not for the serfs.
MD has already issued thousands of licenses post-Bruen.

NJ has begun to issue to residents and non-residents. some state police barracks are having confusion/incompetence/issues with processing applications though.
The permit is worthless if the pols label the entire state as a sensitive zone. And if you get caught carrying there, you're an instant felon, which means your gun rights disappear.
It's easier not to step foot in NY state, especially in NYC.

The permit is worthless if the pols label the entire state as a sensitive zone. And if you get caught carrying there, you're an instant felon, which means your gun rights disappear.
It's easier not to step foot in NY state, especially in NYC.
Funny too how real felons get ignored, but gun owners are public enemy number one.

Back
Top Bottom