Virginia Killer's Violent Writings

I'm not sure if you could condemn anyone writing things with violent themes because of this. Obviously he WAS disturbed. But I fear that people will point fingers at anyone writing content that is on the violent/controversial side now. I mean, horror novels, stories about rape, violence, etc have a place in the literary world as much as anything. Just because you write it doesn't make you a crazy person. Like I said, not defending him, he obviously needed help and this was just one of the many warning signs. And yeah the writing is also pretty bad in general as beard suggested.

-Tom

I'm not sure if you could condemn anyone writing things with violent themes because of this. Obviously he WAS disturbed. But I fear that people will point fingers at anyone writing content that is on the violent/controversial side now. I mean, horror novels, stories about rape, violence, etc have a place in the literary world as much as anything. Just because you write it doesn't make you a crazy person. Like I said, not defending him, he obviously needed help and this was just one of the many warning signs. And yeah the writing is also pretty bad in general as beard suggested.

-Tom

+1

A friend of mine who now is an English professor at Harvard, was fired from Smugglers Notch because his "idea book" was left on a bus. This idea book contained some ideas for his murder mystery book he was writing.

This guy was about as violent as my little sister... [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom