• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Virginia Governor to Declare State Emergency to Prevent Lawful Carry at 2A Rally

"the state does not have intelligence that the groups are planning a specific act of violence." Still, "Northam has grown increasingly concerned about numerous ominous-sounding postings on social media from forces outside Virginia."

If you think they’re not watching this site, ARF, and any other well known firearms forums, you’re kidding yourself.

Edit- and now I’m on a list somewhere. Not that my state issued LTC didn’t already have me on one 🙄

Also, since when do iphone emojis work?!? 🤔

"the state does not have intelligence that the groups are planning a specific act of violence." Still, "Northam has grown increasingly concerned about numerous ominous-sounding postings on social media from forces outside Virginia."

If you think they’re not watching this site, ARF, and any other well known firearms forums, you’re kidding yourself.

Edit- and now I’m on a list somewhere. Not that my state issued LTC didn’t already have me on one 🙄

Also, since when do iphone emojis work?!? 🤔
Great - so now no one will be able to defend themselves if something does happen :mad:

So? Are we not allowed to assemble peacefully either in person or online? No one here is breaking any laws! Admin and the mods see to that! Don't fear tyranny...stand boldly in the face of it!!!

So? Are we not allowed to assemble peacefully either in person or online? No one here is breaking any laws! Admin and the mods see to that! Don't fear tyranny...stand boldly in the face of it!!!

No, not my point at all, just that people on public forums need to be cognizant of what they’re saying.

We’re not supposed to defend ourselves silly, that’s what the boys in blue are for!

What are they gonna do? Throw marshmallows at them?

This does not surprise me.

There is always 1% of activists who will threaten violence.

All it takes is one impressionable person, maybe in a mental health crisis, who gets egged on by FBI/Deep State shills.

You can bet there are government instigators and provocateurs who are ginning things up.

There have been many cases of so called extremists who have been set up by the FBI.

LMAO this has very little to do with "gun sites", frankly. Blackface guy knows that people are pissed off, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

-Mike

There's a serious disconnect on his part

He thinks its perfectly reasonable to ignore the law/constitution (Va and Fed) and pass unlawful decrees/bills

At the same time he's breaking the law and violating his oath of office he's expecting everyone else to continue to follow said laws......constitutional/lawful or not....."Let them eat cake"....

Well, in his f***ed up mind he doesn't think taking guns away etc, is unlawful, Most government tyrants don't think they're limited by much of anything.

-Mike

(Reuters) - Virginia Governor Ralph Northam on Wednesday said he was temporarily banning all guns and weapons from the area around the Capitol in Richmond ahead of a major gun-rights demonstration set for next week.

Northam, who is leading the push for stronger gun laws in his state, said he wants to avoid a repeat of violence that erupted at a 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, when a march by white nationalists erupted and led to the death of a counterprotester.

Gun-rights advocates, including militia groups and ultraconservative activists, are planning a “Lobby Day” rally on Monday, seeking to block gun control legislation backed by Northam, a Democrat, whose party recently won majorities in both chambers of the state legislature.

“We’re seeing threats of violence. We’re seeing threats of armed confrontation and assault on our capitol,” Northam said. “These are considered credible, serious threats from our law enforcement agencies.”

Several measures - including universal background checks and “red flag” laws - that would toughen gun laws in the state are quickly making their way through the Senate and House, and could be passed before the end of the month.

The Virginia Citizens Defense League, which is organizing the rally, hopes that a large turnout by gun-rights proponents, most of whom will be openly carrying weapons as allowed by state law, will persuade lawmakers not to back the measures, according to materials posted online by the group.

What are they going to do if thousands of people show up armed? The cops gonna start popping the protestors? I highly doubt it.
This is it! Thousands of people MUST show up armed otherwise we've already lost! These Democratic communists need to be dragged into the streets, tarred and feathered then run out of town on a rail. There is precedent in history for this! This is how government tyrants have been handled in the past and should be handled today!

For the governor and his supporters watching this. How does this not look like steaming turd? More people hate him now than ever. It's a lost cause.

They will ram everything though, and he'll look like a frightened authoritative bitch in the end.

For the governor and his supporters watching this. How does this not look like steaming turd? More people hate him now than ever. It's a lost cause.

They will ram everything though, and he'll look like a frightened authoritative bitch in the end.

He already looks like a frightened authoritative bitch. The guy is scared shitless and trying to disguise his fear by using an illegal declaration of a state of emergency to prohibit guns from the capital grounds.

If ever there was a time for Virginians to show up en mass and armed, this is it.

Back
Top Bottom