Video: NorthEastShooters.com to perform armed litter pickup

Am I missing something here? My opinion may not count for much but I would rather carry concealed rather than advertise the fact that i'm able to defend myself.

Am I missing something here?
Yup - it's a political statement. A reviled group goes out and publicly does good stuff while flaunting their group identity - sort of like the Hell's Angels Toys for Tots events.

It's a group of people doing community service while carrying. Don't make it out to be something it's not. It's easy for you MA subjects to complain about it. In NH open carry is legal. [thinking]

I organized it because I haven't open carried yet since moving to NH and wanted to break my virginity in a group setting and maybe with others.

How neat is that!! Great to hear of how NES is giving to this effort...makes me jealous that I can't participate...but proud to be a member of this site. Go get'em!![kiss]

because i got there late..i wasn't able to do some cleaning up as a group(5 total) but i did stick around and do some more clean-up with doobie..

i guess one of the others that showed up took some pics of them while picking up trash(hopefully they'll make it on here.) i did get acouple scenic pics(waves mostly)
Picture008.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture007.jpg

and a very short video clip..

here's a sample of the trash we picked up...(not to mention a diaper..)
Picture009.jpg

I was down at the beach today on the bike. I was freezing in a turtleneck and sweatshirt. I had to stop and put on a jacket to continue the ride.....

I hope after the cleanup you folks still have your carry permits in your wallets.

If you unloaded before getting into your car, you wouldn't need your permit.

It was NH. You can open carry there without any kind of permit. No laws broken, or even skated around. Just an honest exercise of the 2nd amendment.

I jaywalked a few times.... not sure if that is illegal in NH. [smile]

Also, in theory if a cop really wanted to nail us (s)he probably could have when we left the trash by the trash cans for 'littering'.

beretta92d just discovered a downside of open carry beach activities..... sand in your gun! Thanks beretta92d!

No sand here! [grin]

Pretty good times for just a handful of dudes. A couple of stares, a guy with dog really did a double take, and folks at the pizza joint were chattering. I did hear "Are they cops?" from a little kid, lol.

(Amount of trash was a bit disheartening, its like "oh whatever someone else will pick it up")[thinking]

Would def like to do it again with more people. [smile]

Was good to meet all of you!

Great job to those of you who made it out there. I wanted to... but obligations came up. I definitely want to make the next one.

I'd like to see photos of the actual clean up as well!

Sweet coverage! I need to find some time to try another clean up. The question is if we go to the beach do we want to do it during peak beach season or not?

Back
Top Bottom