Veteran designation for Mass Driver License *Update*

Actually that probably the first thing I like that Deval has done. I'd assume you'd have to bring your DD214 to the registry to prove it for your first license. I'd request a duplicate, but don't want to sit for hours at the registry.

The Veterans Administration will also issue a photo id that proves your veteran status.

ETA: Sorry, I was wrong... it appears that only if you qualify for VA health care can you get a VA ID card... So sorry!

Last edited:
The Veterans Administration will also issue a photo id that proves your veteran status.

since when?
used to be only within a few months of returning from active duty, or if you qualify for VA healthcare due to a disability....

and as far as i've been told by the VA, that's still the case...

since when?
used to be only within a few months of returning from active duty, or if you qualify for VA healthcare due to a disability....

and as far as i've been told by the VA, that's still the case...

Sorry, y'all are right...

VA ID card:

How do I get an Identification Card?

When you apply for enrollment in person at any VA, your picture will be taken for your Veteran Identification Card (VIC) at that time. If you apply via mail or on-line, you will need to go to your local VA medical center and a staff person will take your picture. Once your eligibility for VA health care has been verified, the card will be automatically mailed to you within 7-10 days.

That's when I got mine... just after I got back...

Not sure I like the new license. It's HUGE. There's no way I could CCW this in my wallet.. Typical MA crap where the license is such a pain to carry that you almost don't even want to go through the licensing process.
[wink]

Also, I love seeing LT Gov Hurry Murry in anything DMV related.

i-9C3NJMg-M.jpg

Last edited:
Write your state rep in NH and ask them to file the bill.

Start the ball rolling and you too can get the first one

Too bad they wouldn't really do something for vets and stop charging vanity plate prices for vets plates
and fund Vet homes from the general budget instead of hiring freeloaders and giving nice pensions to
that POS Jacques and others. Instead they offer this? Typical Massachusetts POS politicians.
I'm not impressed.

Most states are putting this in right now. It is part of the new AMVAA standard. MA got it in production last week. A few states got it the end of last year and a few more are set to roll out over the next few months.

Actually, I guess they are still working on a standard. FL is getting a V on the card, others are getting a Gold Star (seriously).

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Synergy+Godmode.

That is the designated flag being printed on licenses. A gold star.

Personally, I like a printed designation, like the V or actually printing Veteran somewhere on the card, but the design seems to be a common one.

MA looks to do both, but some states are just planning to use the star.

For those not familiar, the Gold Star plates for cars are for immediate family of those who died in action. This made using it a little odd to me.

Last edited:
That is the designated flag being printed on licenses. A gold star.

Personally, I like a printed designation, like the V or actually printing Veteran somewhere on the card, but the design seems to be a common one.

MA looks to do both, but some states are just planning to use the star.

For those not familiar, the Gold Star plates for cars are for immediate family of those who died in action. This made using it a little odd to me.

I am up for renewal next month, if it had a gold star or a V, I would not be interested. I did nothing deserving of a gold star or a V (valor).

I am up for renewal next month, if it had a gold star or a V, I would not be interested. I did nothing deserving of a gold star or a V (valor).

It would seem (to me anyway) that a blue star would be mildly more appropriate.

And Ed, I hope you don't deserve a gold star or else the zombie apocalypse is a lot closer than anyone thought [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom