Value of Early Glock 17

Realtor MA

NES Life Member
NES Member
Does anyone have an opinion on the value of an early G17. I bought it sometime in the mid 80's The serial number is AK 4xx US. It's all original and hasn't been shot much. I have the 2 original mags, plastic box and all the accessories. Not really thinking of selling it just wondering.

Glock used to send armorer's free parts kits (I think I still have one in 9mm around the gun room somewhere), but the instructor at last Thursday's class (recertification time) mentioned Glock now prefers people send the guns back to be checked out and upgraded.

at whose expense?

As for the pricing... pre ban, large cap magazines made out of unobtainum.... more than what you paid for it.

Someone who is going to buy a Gen 1 Glock 17 as a collector's piece will probably want the original black parts in it. I had a 19 with black parts in it and the buyer wanted the black parts...

--EasyD

As for the pricing... pre ban, large cap magazines made out of unobtainum.... more than what you paid for it.

The early NFML Glock 17 magazines are actually reasonably thick on the ground and are probably worth $30ish on the open market, but I'm another one who thinks that keeping it all together, original internals included, might be worth more to a collector.

2nd gen 17s seem to sell for $400-500 depending on details, but I can't say I've noticed any of the earliest ones on the market, so it's likely worth more for someone that's looking for one.

While there may be a rare few that might see a 1st gen G17 as a collectors item, Glocks as a whole are just not. You're not going to get much more than market value for one. In fact, you might find that you'll get less for an older model.

a gen 1 is prob worth about 400.00, a gen 2 is worth about 500. again its all depending on who is buying it. an average joe looking for a gun would pay less then one going for a collectoin. state line has them for 395.00 for a gen 1 last time i was in there

a gen 1 is prob worth about 400.00, a gen 2 is worth about 500. again its all depending on who is buying it. an average joe looking for a gun would pay less then one going for a collectoin. state line has them for 395.00 for a gen 1 last time i was in there
Fair market free-state prices yes, but we all know that those prices don't apply in MA [laugh]

They don't know MGLs though and I have a Saiga-12 with it's external threads chopped off to prove it. YMMV.

think what you have to dealers make mistakes, hell i have walked out of shows with new in box glocks, obviously not every person nows mgl down to every aspect, but anyways this has nothing to do with the value of a 1st gen

think what you have to dealers make mistakes, hell i have walked out of shows with new in box glocks, obviously not every person nows mgl down to every aspect, but anyways this has nothing to do with the value of a 1st gen
Well you're the one who brought them into the conversion. Some people like their shop, but I honestly wasn't impressed with their services or prices. Once again YMMV

Back
Top Bottom