• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Utah Licences Non-Resident

I was looking into getting one. Do you have to take a Utah Safety Course? or can you just apply for a license?

You need to take the course, there a few Utah instructors in here that will be happy to give you the course.

I heard that it takes up to 3 months for the license to get processed there... Id like to talk to any utah instructers to see when i could take the course.

Check this post for a class @ KTP on the 14th of this month. I took one of Joel's classes last month and it was well worth the cost.

I took a class from him over the summer. He provides everything needed, including fingerprints and a passport photo. I got my license back 72 days from mailing the app.

I took a class from him over the summer. He provides everything needed, including fingerprints and a passport photo. I got my license back 72 days from mailing the app.

Yeah, Joel makes it easy. One thing though. Tell him to slow down and be more careful with his fingerprinting. Had to redo mine 6 months later.

FYI: Utah will not accept personal checks that don't have an address printed on them. My first application was returned to me for that reason, and the 72-day turn around time was after mailing my application again—this time with a money order instead.

Also, for faster service, make sure you mail everything in a 9 x 12 envelope.

Utah

What is the advantage to having a Utah non-resident? I visit Utah at least once a year, they "'honor" other states so what is the big deal???

What is the advantage to having a Utah non-resident? I visit Utah at least once a year, they "'honor" other states so what is the big deal???

Many states (I forgot the exact amount) honor Utah's LTC which will give the holder the ability to carry in all of those states.

Many states (I forgot the exact amount) honor Utah's LTC which will give the holder the ability to carry in all of those states.

This, basically. It's all about reciprocity -- and for the cost Utah is the best there is, currently. The closest you can come is Florida which offers very similar overlap but at a higher price and with more requirements.

Visit http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html
Click on Utah and choose non-resident as the permit type to see just how many states accept their NR Permit. It's quite nice ;)

Back
Top Bottom