USSOCOM Issues Safety of Use Message for EOTech Enhanced Combat Optical Sights

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
Not surprised

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/09/30/something-is-amiss-at-l3-warrior-systems-eotech/

While there is a great deal of information in the SOUM, two glaring issues stick out. The first is the reliability of the HWS in extreme temperatures, referred to as “Thermal Drift”. The PMO has noted a +/- 4 MOA shift at -40 Deg F and 122 Deg F. Second, is the concern over the claim by EOTech that their HWS are parallax free which was the subject of a previous Safety of Use Message from the same office issued 16 March, 2015. In this case they noted between 4 and 6 MOA parallax error depending on temperature conditions. Despite the PMO working with EOTech to rectify the issues, they still have not been resolved.

Lol 4 MOA swing? Glad we went back to Aimpoints.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

4 MOA over a range of 160 degrees F. I would imagine if you zero at ambient local practical shift is much smaller.

I wonder what POA shift over the same range is for other scopes / sights. Is it a result of the housing or electronics? Etc.

I'm more surprised that they still seem to use the ones with batteries parallel to the bore.

You guys shooting at those temps?

I used one in Iraq when it got to 120+. I never noticed an issue while range shooting or at combat distances.

I know the Aimpoint people are like Glock and AK people (durability!) But I still much prefer the EOTech profile and sight picture. Be interesting to see what L3 does with this.

Back
Top Bottom