USPSA question - Production vs. L10?

Looking through the production approved list this morning I realized that my gun is there (.45 w/ 8 round standard mags, 10 rounders are available)

I shot yesterday's match in L10, but would production allow me to be more competitive as I move along? I'm using my carry gun so I'm not planning on making any mods to the pistol.

If your 45 is a 1911, it's not eligible for production (no single actions in production). If you 45 is not single action, the "all rounds scored minor" rule means you would be at a disadvantage compared to persons shooting the lighter recoiling 9mm in production.

Rob, it's not a 1911 and is on the list (It's a DA/SA) but your point about all rounds scored 9mm makes perfect sense.

thanks!

~ Brad

You should dump the glock to save yourself from the embarrassment and ridicule that you constantly receive. You know, to help with the mental game

Ahh... actually the "ridicule" brings laughter to my long days. I was laughing my ass off reading this.

Dave shoots more IDPA.....I didn't think they were allowed mental games.

Ok- Let's have some fun. You and Supermoto come to the next MWT match. You beat me- I'll get you lunch. I beat you- you get me lunch. IDPA's easy, not much movement- not much thinking- want to give it a go?

Ok- Let's have some fun. You and Supermoto come to the next MWT match. You beat me- I'll get you lunch. I beat you- you get me lunch. IDPA's easy, not much movement- not much thinking- want to give it a go?

This should be good.....

Ok- IDPA's easy, not much movement- not much thinking- want to give it a go?

I tried it once, it's an OK game and extra trigger time. I kept getting tangled up in my jacket during draws and reloads and kept dropping mags when I was done with them, much to the chagrin of the RO.
I much prefer the longer courses of fire in USPSA without all the silly attire and retention rules.

I tried it once, it's an OK game and extra trigger time. I kept getting tangled up in my jacket during draws and reloads and kept dropping mags when I was done with them, much to the chagrin of the RO.
I much prefer the longer courses of fire in USPSA without all the silly attire and retention rules.

That's not much to remember. No one makes you wear anything silly Bill- that's your choice. [smile]

That's not much to remember. No one makes you wear anything silly Bill- that's your choice. [smile]

It is for an old fart like me who is severely stricken with CRS. [thinking]

Dave, are you going to determine who buys as a result of the first 3 stages - after all, we stop for lunch in IDPA :)

Proof that it's a game for the agility-challenged.....

Hmmmm - food and outfit fixations. Could be the basis of a new marketing campaign:

IDPA - Gateway to SASS!

Feel free to join them on the bet..... that way you can split my lunch bill three ways.
You fail to grasp that if I wanted to shoot IDPA, I would be. You have the equipment, when are you going to start shooting Multi Gun?
I don't play tennis either.

You fail to grasp that if I wanted to shoot IDPA, I would be. You have the equipment, when are you going to start shooting Multi Gun?
I don't play tennis either.

My point was that since we don't really need to shoot well and don't need any mental game or physical agility (Keith the fancy attire is just a bonus) .... it should be easy for you guys! Come on Dan- join Mike and dress up as a Mexican gangster... you would do well together.

Anyways, I can't do multi gun till I figure out shotgun or rifle! When are the next matches? If there are any shotgun matches locally I'd be willing to embarrass myself anytime!

Just ordered some Choate speed loaders so I should be able to make this one. Is 7 1/2 lead shot what everyone uses? How about which chokes? I can bring my Remington Tac IV semiauto which is 8+1 or my Super Nova pump which is 4 + 1 currently. Any advice? Oh don't worry, it will be funny watching me!

Just ordered some Choate speed loaders so I should be able to make this one. Is 7 1/2 lead shot what everyone uses? How about which chokes? I can bring my Remington Tac IV semiauto which is 8+1 or my Super Nova pump which is 4 + 1 currently. Any advice? Oh don't worry, it will be funny watching me!
That would depend if they have different divisions. Bring all your choke tubes, Improved Cylinder or Modified will likely be what you need.

Dave, you should so shoot independent....they always put on a great match. You can always try an open shotgun? I will bring the ammo.....and the cookies.....mmmm cookies.

You damn open pushers!! I probably will go Rob- but it will be iron sights for now. My wife and kids are going to kill me but it's a disease right? Something that I can't accept any responsibility for right?

Back
Top Bottom