Front sight question

Happy feet

NES Member
Is the front sight considered a wear item as the round count goes up on a competition pistol? This is a Dawson front sight. Are their any other competition fiber optic front sights worth looking at besides Dawson. I’m happy with the Dawson sight picture but not sure I like the front sight doing this every couple of years. Or is this common and I should order 2 sights instead of 1

Attachments

• E651747C-8F31-453D-B714-7F99557FD880.jpeg
    E651747C-8F31-453D-B714-7F99557FD880.jpeg
    369.4 KB · Views: 52
Yikes. It's usually the fiber that breaks. Has this happened multiple times or is the "every couple of years" from an incident sample of one?

Shockingly I’ve yet to break a Dawson front sight but I remember Brian C. breaking a Dawson front sight on his CZ SP-01 at MA states IDPA match back in 2018 or 19. I guess it does happen but not something I’d expect to break with little use

I’ve broken plenty of fiber rods, but never my Dawson front sight. I have broken the blade of the adjustable sight on my Wilson 1911.

I've banged one off the edge of my safe hard enough to shift it halfway off the slide but it didn't break. Did someone hammer on it in the wrong place during installation? It should only be on the dovetail part, not on the vertical blade part. Anyway, send them an email, maybe they will replace it

Back
Top Bottom