USPSA Harvard 4-11 SAT

Gentlemen,

I found out that my PF was recorded incorrectly, whom should I contact? The contact e-mail address in the scores looks a bit unusual.

I see a lot of shooters online here on Easter morning.... I really wish I could be shooting instead... does that make me bad? Sorry for the OT post.

As HDGun said it causes play in the trigger bar so when inserting a mag it can hit the trigger bar and bump the sear causing the gun to fire. This happened to me last year so now I ALWAYS check my grip screws for tightness.

Pete

Thanks. I'm not familiar with the two piece guns, thus the confusion.

"This should be a great for new and experienced shooter."

a great what? Is that a singular form of "shooter", referring to plurals?
is this a mad lib?
let's make it so

"This should be a great ______ for new and experienced shooter."
i'll play mad libs first

Too funny... I have tears in my eyes!

Something you might try when speed reloading a 1911:

After I eject the mag and grasp the new mag from its pouch, like most guys in USPSA I rotate the pistol mag funnel towards my face. What I do that some don't is flick the safety up as I rotate the the funnel. It's a natural motion as you turn your right hand palm upward. Most importantly it locks the gun up (actually blocking the sear and hammer from moving). The hammer can't fall (the 1911 design is much safer than the most people think it is - it was designed for use by cavalry troopers) provided the pistol is in proper working order. I've never been comfortable leaving the safety off and slamming a fully loaded mag with 20-25 rounds into a pistol with a lightish trigger. With the safety "on" I don't worry about bumping the disconnector (which can happen - I've witnessed this) or inertial firing from a fire control malfunction. Guys that know me will tell you I reload pretty aggressively. A great deal of that comes from knowing everything's locked up nice when I run the mag home.

Are you kidding me? Your reloads are so rediculously fast, I can't believe you play with the safety. Maybe I'll try practicing that next time I dry fire.

It must be from all the majors over the years because Harvard seems to always have the speed shoot, medium course, field course mixture down pretty good. The stages were obvioulsy smaller scaled than usual because of the holiday and the weather but they were still good. There is always an excellent use of angles, vision barriers, and distance at Harvard that make even small stages interesting.

Stage one had a swinger that could have been shot from two postions as well as targets to be shot leaving and coming into positions. Stage two seemed simple but begged the same questions on how hard you hit some targets while moving and how close you got to some far targets. Stage three and four were speeds shoots that dared you to shoot faster than you should on steel. Stage five has some angles that made easy targets tough to get at without waltzing around all around the free fire zone. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Great Match! It was well worth the drive down even thought he new baby only allowed me 3 hours of sleep!

Congrats to Matt and Matt on the wins!

Great Match! It was well worth the drive down even thought he new baby only allowed me 3 hours of sleep!

Congrats to Matt and Matt on the wins!

Thanks Jay. [smile] But more importantly... Congrats to YOU and the wifey on your new healthy arrival!

P.S. The match was great. I managed to screw up the classifier and come in second to last on that stage. Shooting the first two poppers I heard two "dings" and moved on quickly only to realize once I took the magazine out that one was still standing. [shocked] Stupid rookie mistake on my part. [rofl]

It felt good to be outside again even if it was chilly and rainy. There was one guy that was wearing shorts and a tee all day. I was cold just looking at him. [laugh] And I was wearing Underarmor and a sweatshirt!

Last edited:
Stage one had a swinger that could have been shot from two postions as well as targets to be shot leaving and coming into positions. Stage two seemed simple but begged the same questions on how hard you hit some targets while moving and how close you got to some far targets.

I wish I saw you and Matt shoot stage 2. I ran right between the no shoots and the three targets on the left and didn't stop till i hit the charge line.

Thanks Jay. [smile] But more importantly... Congrats to YOU and the wifey on your new healthy arrival!

P.S. The match was great. I managed to screw up the classifier and come in second to last on that stage. Shooting the first two poppers I heard two "dings" and moved on quickly only to realize once I took the magazine out that one was still standing. [shocked] Stupid rookie mistake on my part. [rofl]

It felt good to be outside again even if it was chilly and rainy. There was one guy that was wearing shorts and a tee all day. I was cold just looking at him. [laugh] And I was wearing Underarmor and a sweatshirt!

Thanks bud! He is a riot. Already starting to get bits and pieces for his AR build too[smile]

Just checking to be sure - the matches listed at Harvard on the USPSA-NE site are all the normal monthly matches, just with different names, right?

Back
Top Bottom