USPSA Harvard 4-11 SAT

just a reminder. Harvard's first outdoor match will be on Saturday not the usual Sunday.

This should be a great for new and experienced shooter.

"This should be a great for new and experienced shooter."

a great what? Is that a singular form of "shooter", referring to plurals?
is this a mad lib?
let's make it so

"This should be a great ______ for new and experienced shooter."
i'll play mad libs first

This should be a great chance to kick matt's ass for new and experienced shooter

When they were digging around in your guts, did they pull out your grammar bone Mike?

you're going to be lighter, and therefore faster now.

Wow Matt,
Did the Lion King leave a scar with that beating he administered at Bass River?
At least, I hope you won your shotgun league

AT LEAST THE GUY WHO KICKED MY a$$ cheated, and most of the stages were illegal!
HEHEHE[laugh2]

hope to see you at Manville as I gots to werk this Saturday
pardon the grammer & spellin'

I'm so looking forward to Harvard. Bring on those long shots, those big beautiful free fire zones, and stages we can think outside the shooting box and cheat on.

Apparently, the bad news is Supermoto underwent some surgery and will be recovering still on Saturday. The good news is that after the surgery he is now known as Michelle and should be a threat for a Ladies National title.

Team Punch represented at Bass River!

I've been doing IDPA for about a year, what is a good way to lean into some USPSA as well?

Show up at a match, and at least watch one. Bettery yet, sign up, and let them know that you shoot IDPA, and would like to try USPSA.

Whitey627, I want to thank you publicly for your words of encouragement after my DQ today. You are one of the most positive and supportive guys I have ever met.

Bill

Bill, Sorry to hear that you got DQ'ed, what happened?

Remember there are 2 people shooting this sport, Those that have been DQ'ed, Those that will, Learn from it, move on

Bill, Sorry to hear that you got DQ'ed, what happened?

Remember there are 2 people shooting this sport, Those that have been DQ'ed, Those that will, Learn from it, move on

Rule 10.4.3 AD while reloading.

I was stunned when it happened and I'm still upset with myself for doing it. The thing that bothers me the most is that reload drills are what I'm able to practice most because I do them in the basement (no ammo anywhere).
Thanks for your support.

Bill it was great shooting with you today. See you next time. As for the DQ, It happens, your a fine competitor so I am sure it is difficult to get your head around but don't let it bother you to the point it affects your next match.

Hope to see you in Manville next week and would be pleased to squad with you again.

Gary

edit to add: Scores are up !!!!

Bill it was great shooting with you today. See you next time. As for the DQ, It happens, your a fine competitor so I am sure it is difficult to get your head around but don't let it bother you to the point it affects your next match.

Hope to see you in Manville next week and would be pleased to squad with you again.

Gary

edit to add: Scores are up !!!!

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the great match! Thank G-d for holding the rain too.

Looking forward for the next one in Manville!

Bill,
It's not uncommon that the rim of the top round in the magazine, just bumps the disconnector enough for the hammer to fall during a reload. The disconnector needs a bit of modification. Changing your reload technique slightly helps too.

Missed this one... I'm bummed. But I will tell you one thing for sure... it makes me hugry as hell for the next one. Damn I can't shoot enough to make me happy lately and it keeps getting worse... is that bad? [smile]

Dan_S, Round_Gun_Shooter, Supermoto and everyone else, I want to thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I also wish to apologize to everyone for creating a safety hazard.

On the ride home, I pondered the possibility of the mag contacting the trigger bow, causing the AD and didn't think that was a viable cause. Given your responses, I will have to reconsider that possibility.

When I got home, I did perform some reload drills and realized that my finger is sometimes close to the trigger guard but never IN the trigger guard, but perhaps it is too soon after the fact to reveal latent bad habits. I will continue drilling during the week to be certain the my technique is correct.

I did replace some parts in the gun on Friday but nothing that should have affected the trigger.

I am planning to shoot Manville next week and will be certain to have my head on straight.

Bill, it's not the trigger bow that gets the contact, normally, but the squared portion of the disconnector that gets the bump.

Hey Bill... not a problem. It can happen to anyone at any time and the more you shoot the higher your chances are. And you shoot A LOT!
This just gives you a reason to fine tune your realoading and be better at them then ever before! Something tells me that even if your gun did malfunction you are still going to be drilling the hell out of yourself in the basement. Just don't over practice on it!

Something you might try when speed reloading a 1911:

After I eject the mag and grasp the new mag from its pouch, like most guys in USPSA I rotate the pistol mag funnel towards my face. What I do that some don't is flick the safety up as I rotate the the funnel. It's a natural motion as you turn your right hand palm upward. Most importantly it locks the gun up (actually blocking the sear and hammer from moving). The hammer can't fall (the 1911 design is much safer than the most people think it is - it was designed for use by cavalry troopers) provided the pistol is in proper working order. I've never been comfortable leaving the safety off and slamming a fully loaded mag with 20-25 rounds into a pistol with a lightish trigger. With the safety "on" I don't worry about bumping the disconnector (which can happen - I've witnessed this) or inertial firing from a fire control malfunction. Guys that know me will tell you I reload pretty aggressively. A great deal of that comes from knowing everything's locked up nice when I run the mag home.

wmccurdy53 are you shooting a double stack 1911???

If so check your grip screws to see if they are loose. I had the same problem last year during a practice and I couldn't for the life of me recreate a reload with my finger near the trigger. come to find out my grip screws were loose and that caused the gun to have an AD. Fixed the problem and no issues since.

Pete

wmccurdy53 are you shooting a double stack 1911???

If so check your grip screws to see if they are loose. I had the same problem last year during a practice and I couldn't for the life of me recreate a reload with my finger near the trigger. come to find out my grip screws were loose and that caused the gun to have an AD. Fixed the problem and no issues since.

Pete

How can loose grip screws cause an AD ?

How can loose grip screws cause an AD ?

As HDGun said it causes play in the trigger bar so when inserting a mag it can hit the trigger bar and bump the sear causing the gun to fire. This happened to me last year so now I ALWAYS check my grip screws for tightness.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom