USPSA Classifier Match @ SIG on 7/1

I'm excited to announce that the SIG SAUER Acadey will be hosting our first USPSA match on Sunday, July 1st. This will be a five stage classifier match with an additional field course.

Pre-Registration is required via the Special Events section of the Academy website. The match will be limited to the first 50 shooters to register. After registering on the website, please send an email to [email protected] with your USPSA number, division and any squadding requests.

Shooter check-in begins at 10:30am.
Safety Briefing at 11:30am.
Shooting begins at 12pm.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Last edited:
very cool this interests me, checking the calender and see what I can work out. Thanks for posting

I've never been to an event like this. Should I watch a USPSA event before attending a classifier?

Moose, Harvard is hosting a match on Sunday, 10 June. You could come and watch but I assure you that 15 minutes in, you'll wish you signed up to shoot.
I've seen you shoot, you'll do fine. Just be safe, don't try to go too fast and be safe.
You will need a strong-side holster and 4 or 5 magazines & pouches.
Let the RO know you new to the game and he/she will take care of you.
Hope to see you Sunday.

I completely forgot I responded to this thread [sad]. I'll have to look for another qualifier in NH this Summer.

For regular USPSA shooting you do not need to shoot a classifier match to be classified. Most if not all USPSA matches include a classifier stage. As a member, your scores are sent in after the match. If you continue to shoot in the same division, you obtain a classification.

USPSA Web Site said:
Earning A Classification
To become classified, a member must have at least four valid scores from different classifier courses in the USPSA database. If more than four scores are in the database when the averages are calculated, the best four of the most recent six valid scores will be used. Any scores in excess of the most recent six valid scores are not used for the initial classification. Those scores over the most recent six may be used at the next monthly reclassification if they are within the most recent eight scores.
It is important to note that for INITIAL classifications ALL scores greater than 2 percent will be used to determine a classification. These scores will be continued to be used until they are bumped from the most recent eight scores in use by higher VALID scores. What this means is that even if a higher score is entered, but is flagged with a B or a C, the lower score will be considered valid and be included in the member’s current percentage.

Get out and shoot and earn your classification.

In addition to what Gary said, it's not like IDPA where you MUST be classified in order to shoot a sanctioned match. I shot Area 7 last year as unclassified.

Thanks to Mike and the staff at Sig today- well run match. Thanks for the water too.... we sure needed it!

Sorry for the delay. All the data entry is done and we are trying to figure out the best way to format the results with EzWinScore. Please stay tuned. Hopefully the scores will be posted here and sent out via email sometime tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay. All the data entry is done and we are trying to figure out the best way to format the results with EzWinScore. Please stay tuned. Hopefully the scores will be posted here and sent out via email sometime tomorrow.

Upload to the USPSA site and let people read them there. Your club (NE25) would be easy for people to find.

Thank you for participating in the first of what we plan to be
many USPSA matches at the SIG SAUER Academy. Sunday's staff of Range Officers
did an outstanding job. Many of the shooters commented on the professionalism
that they experienced while shooting the match.

(BTW, If anyone is interested in becoming a certified USPSA
Range Officer, please let me know. NROI Director, John Amidon, will be
conducting a class at the Academy in the near future.)

The match results are attached. Apologies for the slow
delivery. This is our first time using the USPSA software. We did things the
old fashioned way with paper score sheets and pencils. Next time around we are
planning to use iPods and the Practiscore "app".

We had a number of shooters with USPSA numbers
pending. Please let me know as soon as you receive your number so we can get
the classifier scores uploaded to the USPSA website. Also, please let me know
if any information (Division, Major/Minor, Senior/Junior, etc.) needs to be
updated.

We will be sending out info about any upcoming matches at the
Academy, and we look forward to seeing you at the SIG SAUER booth as well as our
stage at this year's Area 7 Championship.

Thanks again for helping us kick off our USPSA
program,

Mike Briggs

Competitive Shooting
Programs

SIG SAUER Academy

Attachments

• SIG_USPSA_Classifier_2012-07-01_Results_By_Divisions.txt
    42.1 KB · Views: 39
  • SIG_USPSA_Classifier_2012-07-07_Results_Overall.txt
    37.5 KB · Views: 46
Thanks Gary. In the future, we'll do that. Can you easily upload corrections to the USPSA website? We still have a number of new shooters waiting on USPSA numbers so I didn't want to upload anything official until we hear back from those guys.

Saving the stages and "final" results for each division, concatenating them into one file, then cleaning up all of the "Printed on" type stuff is a royal pain. I might spend some time on the sofa this afternoon with a cold beverage writing a perl script to format the results to my liking.

Thanks Gary. In the future, we'll do that. Can you easily upload corrections to the USPSA website? We still have a number of new shooters waiting on USPSA numbers so I didn't want to upload anything official until we hear back from those guys.

Saving the stages and "final" results for each division, concatenating them into one file, then cleaning up all of the "Printed on" type stuff is a royal pain. I might spend some time on the sofa this afternoon with a cold beverage writing a perl script to format the results to my liking.

Rob Boudrie would have much better info than I do. Another thing to do is get on the USPSA Northeast Section web wite. I do not remember how to do that but I am sure a stats person or Rob can help you. You can list your matches and results.

LINK

Wish I lived closer or you had Saturday matches. Sunday afternoon is just too much of a hike.

Thanks again. I'll talk with Dan on Wednesday night about how to upload scores to the NE section website.

The idea has been batted around to replace the Saturday IDPA matches with USPSA. The big hurdle right now is recruiting and training local ROs.

Thanks again. I'll talk with Dan on Wednesday night about how to upload scores to the NE section website.

The idea has been batted around to replace the Saturday IDPA matches with USPSA. The big hurdle right now is recruiting and training local ROs.

I bet that a lot of folks that come to shoot the match, and just happen to be r.o.'s, would be more than happy to r.o. I know I would. That's how we get our r.o.'s and score keepers in Boston.

If people want good quality matches people will step up. I'd certainly help RO when I can to help things along.

I understand. As Mike can attest, I have worked his matches for some time. Unfortunately, I can no longer work as a RO and shoot a match also. Legs just can not take it.

As stated by others, the shooters in this area are usually willing to step up when they can. If you have e mail addresses, send out a feeler e mail to gauge who is willing to shoot and help out.

I think it is great there is a place in NH that is going to run matches. I am also willing to help out and RO as JB at the Acad can attest to. The classifier match was great and was well run.
Like Gary said, join in with all the other Northeast section clubs by posting the match schedule (well in advance) and scores in the places the members usually look. This will be one of the keys to attendance.

I understand. As Mike can attest, I have worked his matches for some time. Unfortunately, I can no longer work as a RO and shoot a match also. Legs just can not take it.
You might want to consider offering your services at the chrono at A7/2013. That's a "chair" position.

You might want to consider offering your services at the chrono at A7/2013. That's a "chair" position.

So Rob, are you saying that the Area 7 match next year will be at Sig academy? Any dates yet so I can get it on my calendar early and hopefully shoot the match next year?

Steve

The plan is to have the match in September. We are still finalizing the schedule. SIG has to apply for a zoning variance to shoot on Sunday morning so the exact date isn't set in stone yet but there will be an official announcement made at this years Area 7.

The USPSA website is updated once a month (around now) to capture new classifier scores. I can not rember if match results get lumped in with that or if they are uploaded individually. I always go to the NE Section website for match scores as they are usually uploaded very quickly after the matches. I don't think the guys at Sig are uploading the scores to NE Section site yet but I think Rob or somebody was going to show them how to do it because it is really where we all go for schedule and scores.

Back
Top Bottom