• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA belt and holster

Something that you may not know:
The 'competition' magazine pouches from CRspeed, Double Alpha, Ghost, and several others are more or less universal fit. So they can be set up for the magazines you have now, and later converted to fit mags for a different gun you may have later.

A 2 part velcro competition belt systems available from several manufacturers is one of those items that you don't know how much you need it until you get it and use it. You leave your holster and pouches on it, and put it on yourself with all the gear in the same place every time, you dont have to work around belt loops that are different on various pants.

An option would be to get a good belt and a set of pouches now, use whatever holster you have, and then get a fancy holster w/competition hanger when you decide what gun to stick with.

Something that you may not know:
The 'competition' magazine pouches from CRspeed, Double Alpha, Ghost, and several others are more or less universal fit. So they can be set up for the magazines you have now, and later converted to fit mags for a different gun you may have later.

A 2 part velcro competition belt systems available from several manufacturers is one of those items that you don't know how much you need it until you get it and use it. You leave your holster and pouches on it, and put it on yourself with all the gear in the same place every time, you dont have to work around belt loops that are different on various pants.

An option would be to get a good belt and a set of pouches now, use whatever holster you have, and then get a fancy holster w/competition hanger when you decide what gun to stick with.
You raise good points. I've had to wear one particular pair of shorts due to its loops, my other pairs would've placed the pouches too far forward or too far back, plus it's just a pain.

I think I'll order a CR speed belt and some pouches and stick with current holster, like you suggested.

Ordered a belt and a four pack of pouches. Used the coupon in the members section of the USPSA website to save about $8.00. Total was cheaper directly from CR Speed than anywhere else I could find it.
Bank just called about possible fraud, I'm guessing they thought it was suspicious someone ordered a bunch of gun stuff from South Africa at 3:00 AM! :D

We'll see how long shipping takes. No estimates on the site were given but googling a bit showed people getting their parcels from SA in 4-10 days.

Well, alea iacta est. I watched a video on a tour of the CZ factory and tossed a "what the heck" bid on a used Shadow 2 on GB and ended up winning it...this'll either be a good deal or a cautionary tale to remind myself in the future.

My holster arrived on Friday. I can say everything people have said regarding gear is true, it feels like a huge difference. I got a Bladetech since it could be delivered fairly quickly and they had it left-handed. Using a CR Speed belt plus a legit holster has already made my draw way smoother and easier. Digging the CR Speed pouches, too. Ready for next weekend. Not going in with any expectations other than shooting my current (low) level of skill. But, I feel like I have a foundation to build on. I am really loving the Shadow 2 so far.

Back
Top Bottom