USPSA at Hopkinton, Sat 5/11

(Sat isn't usually USPSA day so I'm posting this one a week early)

Saturday May 11th will be the inaugural (thank you spell check) USPSA match at Hopkinton Sportman's Association. Those who have been to our Tuesday Night Steel series know that we have an interesting assortment of props at our disposal to keep things fun and exciting; and the rest of you now know as well.

The club has invested in some significant improvements since last summer, most importantly the two new 33yrd x 12yrd pits which will really give us some options for stage design, so come out and have some fun!

Plan is for 5 stages including 1 classifier. $15 entry fee, 110+ rounds, 8:30am first shot (trying to start early to finish early).

Info for the whole season can be found here, here, or here.

I know not everyone is familiar with our club so please feel free to ask questions here in the thread, or PM if that's your bag.

New shooters and spectators always welcome, just let us know you're new when you register and we'll show you the ropes. USPSA membership not a requirement.

See you at the match!
Peter

Hey, I'm a new member at HSA...shoot at the pistol Bays every weekend and absolutely love it....

Would this be open to me? I have an M&P 40 with plenty of range ammo to burn through haha....some new targets sounds like allot of fun!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hey, I'm a new member at HSA...shoot at the pistol Bays every weekend and absolutely love it....

Would this be open to me? I have an M&P 40 with plenty of range ammo to burn through haha....some new targets sounds like allot of fun!

Yes Sir (or ma'am as the case may be), the match is open to all! That said you will need some basic equipment to get involved: a holster that covers the trigger guard completely, at least 3 mags (preferably 5), and a way to carry the mags....plus the usual eye and ear protection. You should also be comfortable with your handguns operation and be able to conduct yourself in a safe manner on the range.

I highly recommend coming out to a Weds night practice before attending your first match, that way we have more time to explain everything and go over the range commands and stuff. We're out at the pits starting around 5:30pm and we shoot until we're done, then we go eat some Chinese food. You don't need all the equipment for practice, we can have you work out of your range bag if you don't have a holster and hand you mags etc. If you want to give USPSA a try but can't make a practice then drop me a line and I'll see if I can arrange for someone to meet you at the club and go over things with you.

Thanks for the info! I will see if i can make it to one of the practices....i have a SHTF Gear IWB Kydex holster, and a blade tech OWB holster with the blade tech double mag holder...i feel very comfortable with my firearm and proper range safety techniques....if i can't make it this Saturday, can i come by any other Wednesday practice and Saturday match this spring?

Thanks for the info! I will see if i can make it to one of the practices....i have a SHTF Gear IWB Kydex holster, and a blade tech OWB holster with the blade tech double mag holder...i feel very comfortable with my firearm and proper range safety techniques....if i can't make it this Saturday, can i come by any other Wednesday practice and Saturday match this spring?

Yes, you may. Just to be clear, the first real match is NEXT Saturday the 11th.
As for practice, that is Wednesdays. I'll be there late tomorrow (If I make it) but by all means stop by if the work schedule allows.

BB Boarder has already been out shooting with me and should be G2G. [wink]

Thanks Mike! And I've had a chance to practice allot since the bowling pin shoot haha i can actually hit something now!
; )

I will be there! I wasn't able to shoot very much after I took the USPSA class last year, but I'm hoping to make up for lost time this year. Hopefully I can shake off some rust with this match, haha.

I plan to be there! Man, I'll have to get up early for an 8:30 start....

Was just going over the May match schedule with my wife to be and I noticed the start time. Gotta get up at an ungodly hour for a weekend, but it'll be nice to get home early.

Its going to be a busy month. At least 3 uspsa matches (hopkinton, harvard, and new bedford), a mike seeklander class, and maybe some steel and/or idpa.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

yup, gonna be an early start...we'll see how it goes! I might have to swing by the dunkin donuts on my way to the range for a couple quick dozens to help ease everyones pain [wink]...that is if I'm awake enough to remember [shocked]

Are the HHH's still having a practice this Wednesday night? Looking forward to my first real match and could use all the practice I can get!

Now that I've squirreled away enough 9, that is.

I'll be at practice Weds night. weather is looking iffy but unless it's pouring I need to get out and shoot a bit before Sat!

people start arriving around 5:30 and we've had some good size groups lately so come on out for a refresher before Sat's match[thumbsup]

We've got some fun stages planned; couple higher round count stages (bring mags!), some falling steel, and of course a classifier stage.

For your ammo planning needs: min round count is looking to be around 130

Will the match run regardless of weather? I don't mind getting wet in the rain... I just don't want to be standing in the pits alone getting wet in the rain.

Chinese food is on Wednesday evenings after practice.

Yes, foul weather gear is recommended for tomorrow. 60% chance of rain forecast.

HSA-Match5-11-13.jpg

Well the range gods smiled upon us today.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for coming out for our first match! rain held off for the most part and other than some wind things went off smoothly. scores are posted on the national site and I'll get them onto the area site shortly.

See y'all at the next one!

Peter

(edit to fix URL for scores)

Last edited:
Great match today. Had a great squad and everything went smoothly.

Probably won't make it back next month due to being the same weekend as NB, but will definitely be back.

My kudos also for a well run and FUN event. It was my first real competition and had a blast. I also realize that I need much more practice !! My goal of not being DQ'ed was acheived !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great match today. Had a great squad and everything went smoothly.

Probably won't make it back next month due to being the same weekend as NB, but will definitely be back.

thanks for the help running the "palm" Steve! oh, and thanks for kicking my ass in Production....yea...thanks a lot...[rofl]

thanks for the help running the "palm" Steve! oh, and thanks for kicking my ass in Production....yea...thanks a lot...[rofl]

you should thank rori...he kicked all our butts, except maybe bill....he was pretty close.
No problem on the help scoring, glad everything went mostly smooth the first time out.

Back
Top Bottom