USPSA at Hopkinton, Sat 5/11

M&P9 and I have it on my calendar [grin]. Problem is I need to make it to some practises cause I did terrible in the class lol. So I need to scrounge up more like 300-400. I've been hearing ammo is becoming somewhat available... We'll see.

Sent from my Etch a Sketch 4G

M&P9 and I have it on my calendar [grin]. Problem is I need to make it to some practises cause I did terrible in the class lol. So I need to scrounge up more like 300-400. I've been hearing ammo is becoming somewhat available... We'll see.

Sent from my Etch a Sketch 4G

There's a ton of improvement to be had by spending time dry-firing at home and it doesn't cost you any ammo. 15mins a night of basic drills can shave time off your runs and improve hits for a lot of us. it can be as simple as hanging a reduced size target on a wall and practicing coming out of the holster and getting on target with a good sight picture quickly or a more elaborate setup with a few targets and some moving around. focus on your sights and be honest with yourself about where the round would have gone if it were live fire and try to build good habits through repetition. it's important to maintain the same safety rules as a real match (finger off the trigger during reloads etc) so don't slack. Then when you get out to a practice or match it's just a matter of figuring the stage out and working off the muscle memory you built during dry fire.

see you on the range,
Peter

OMG!!! There's Chinese food in Hopkinton - real Chinese food???? [grin]

They always go out for pizzas & beer after Harvard practice on Wednesday nite. [crying]

Will they kick me out of HAS if I defect for a few evenings? [rofl]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

OMG!!! There's Chinese food in Hopkinton - real Chinese food???? [grin]

They always go out for pizzas & beer after Harvard practice on Wednesday nite. [crying]

Will they kick me out of HAS if I defect for a few evenings? [rofl]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Yes, I'm not sure I would call it authentic but it is tasty. I've been for the pizza after Harvard and it is good as well.

HAS, HSA, whatever..... Come on down some Wednesday evening.

Wow! 12:15. I work on Sat nights and need to be home by 3pm. I was reluctant to attend due to this potential problem. Maybe next month.

Thanks guys, I'll see if I can get permission for this one. I was originally planning on staying home that weekend.

With a new baby in the house, my plan for this year is to cut back to about every other weekend, instead of going to a match every single weekend this summer.

Past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future returns, but the goal is to start shooting by 8:30 and get people out shortly after noon. We had 38 shooters for this one and a few re-shoots here and there but still moved things along well. If everyone helps with the taping and resetting it should be all good!

Back
Top Bottom