USAA insurance now open to any honorably discharged Veteran

this news is a few months old but i didn't find a dupe

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_blogs/Blogs?action=blogpost&blogkey=newsroom&postkey=usaa_expands_membership

it used to be to get USAA insurance for your vehicle or your home you had to get it while you were on active duty or within a certain amount of months after you separated.

USAA changed their policy back in November to allow ANY Veteran who separated with an honorable discharge is now eligible to get USAA insurance (vehicle, home, renters, they also have credit cards and banking)

I just switched from progressive to USAA for car insurance and saved a little money, i've also heard good things about the homeowners and credit cards. this is a great chance for vets like me who missed this opportunity while i was active duty to get some good insurance.

[iwojima]

Huh?

Children of people who served in the military long ago can get USAA insurance. I used to have it. I never served. My Dad served in the National Health Service (part of the Department of the Navy) in the '40s.

The rules about who can join keep changing. My old man wasn't able to join last January because he's been out for too long (He got out in 1970). But now under this, he'd be able to. Will have to mention it to him again.

My wife and I have most of our insurance and banking with them (Through her Dad's service) and have for 10 years. Their customer service is second to NONE, and their rates are great. I *highly* recommend USAA to anyone that can use them.

USAA

I've been with USAA for over 40 years now and have nothing but good things to say about their customer service. You just can't do any better than with USAA.

My kids all have USAA for their insurance and credit card needs. Their rates are not always the lowest but their dependability more than makes up for any percentage points you might lose, if any.

Also, something many are not aware of is that USAA has a "subscribers savings account" in which a percentage of your premiums are put from which you receive a yearly dividend. When you leave USAA, your SSA is given to you or in my case when I croak, the wife will get it to be used I'm sure for a facelift and a personal trainer.

+100 for USAA. I have had there auto insurance for >25 y, homeowners for the last 10 y. Nothing but good things to say. I also bank with USAA, they are listed as one of the healthiest banks around. Reimburse ATM fee's, all banking is either mail, phone or internet. They supply postage paid envelopes for mail in banking. I have one of their credit cards as well.

Another +1 for USAA insurance. They may not be the cheapest but they are the best I've ever used.

Back
Top Bottom