US Marines’ new weapon can electrocute enemies from 300 feet away – and is so dangerous they had to make it LESS deadly

Reptile

NES Member
THE US Marine Corps is testing a powerful electroshock weapon that can zap enemies from 300 feet away.

Dubbed "Specter", the non-lethal projectile can be fired from a shotgun and downs targets using a taser-like electric shock.

THE US Marine Corps is testing a powerful electroshock weapon that can zap enemies from 300 feet away.

Dubbed "Specter", the non-lethal projectile can be fired from a shotgun and downs targets using a taser-like electric shock.

Uncle Joe did tell us all to get a shotgun!!!!!

Better check the setting, on the new toy: Tom Swift had his set too high, and:

There were thundering reports that awoke the echoes of the jungle,
and the sounds of the rifles were followed by shrill trumpets of
rage. When the smoke blew away three elephants were seen prostrate,
or, rather two, and part of another one. The last was almost blown
to pieces by Tom Swift's electric rifle; for the young inventor had
used a little too heavy charge, and the big beast had been almost
annihilated.

This is the origin of name, "TASER" Tom [A] Swift's Electric Rifle.

Better check the setting, on the new toy: Tom Swift had his set too high, and:

There were thundering reports that awoke the echoes of the jungle,
and the sounds of the rifles were followed by shrill trumpets of
rage. When the smoke blew away three elephants were seen prostrate,
or, rather two, and part of another one. The last was almost blown
to pieces by Tom Swift's electric rifle; for the young inventor had
used a little too heavy charge, and the big beast had been almost
annihilated.

This is the origin of name, "TASER" Tom [A] Swift's Electric Rifle.

My dad had a lot of Tom Swift books when he was a boy. He had them in an old desk in his bedroom when I was growing up. I used to read them as the covers would interest me. I had forgotten all about it, until I saw the post. That memory was gone for a long time. Just needed a spark, though..... 1593557200366.png

Been around for awhile. Marketed to police departments. Yellow stock and fore end to indicate its "less-lethal" purpose and to ensure that a live round doesn't get accidentally loaded unto it. USMC use will probably be limited to those Marines detailed to U.S. Embassy security teams.

Fake Headline too, since electrocute means to kill by means of electricity.

Electrocute is a amalgam of electricity and execute.

If this is a "less lethal" weapon, it had better not be designed to "electrocute" as that goes dead against the concept of "less lethal"

I worked with a guy who said they used to put a hotdog on a stick, and then cook it with microwaves from a half mile away. That was over 20 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom