• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Upgrading your LTC

I have an LTC A Hunting&Target.

I applied for ALP but was told that I would only get restricted and to come back in 5 years.

Well, its almost been a year, so I figuard I should go and see if I can get ALP.

Is it possible to get the LTC upgraded to ALP, or am I gonna have to go through the whole thing again?

Can they just print out a new card (I have the big one) with ALP on it or does the data base need to be updated or something?

Anyone have experience with this?

I tried to do the same thing. Its at the dicression of your police. In Belmont ALPs just aren't issued.

Moreover, I was also unable to get my restricted LTC:T/H converted to the small side.

I'd talk to the officer in charge of permits at your local PD, but don't expect much...this is Mass.....

-Weer'd Beard

If it's only been a year FunYun, and there hasn't been any change in the CofP, then I wouldn't hold my breath. If you have the old license, then I would assume, yes, you'd have to go through the whole thing again. You can call and ask, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

If you want your license upgraded, you will have to go through the entire application process again. Before you go ahead and apply, you may want to have an attorney check over your application, make sure all your ducks are in a row, and help you write a proper letter to go along with your application.

There are a couple of attorneys that specialize in this sort of thing, and at least 2 are members of this forum. Please check out their website for information on contacting them and such.

http://massgunlaw.com/

Adam

Ps. I have no affiliation with this website or the attorneys. Just trying to pass along some info to help out a fellow shooter.

I don't think Jesse is even in the state these days.

Better to call GOAL for someone on its list in your area. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom