Upgrade my ltc-a? (moving to a new town)

sgtdemeo

Banned
Hey guys, i applied for my ltc -a in lowell, ma, which restrictsyou to a target/hunting orsporting only( no alp). I am going to be moving to billerica in 6 months, into a house. (its a long story, summed up i got the opp to buy my parents rental prop. Can i upgrade to a alp ltc, which billerica does issue, or do i have to wait until my renewal time?

I answered this within the past week here. This is an oft asked question . . . but the answer will always be the same due to "discretion" by the local chiefs.

Strictly up to the discretion of the local chief. Why not go have a chat with him? You have nothing to lose and you might just get what you want. $100 saved if the discussion yields "no go".

Some chiefs will do this, others will make you wait until your current LTC expires.

Good luck.

Departments have the option of re-issuing the LTC with a change in restriction, but no new application fee; application; or change of expiration date. It's the same procedure as a lost license replacement, but the department changes the restriction in MIRCS before the issue of the replacement.

Departments have the option of re-issuing the LTC with a change in restriction, but no new application fee; application; or change of expiration date. It's the same procedure as a lost license replacement, but the department changes the restriction in MIRCS before the issue of the replacement.

Rob this is true, but it MUST be changed by the ISSUING TOWN. The OP is moving to a green town from one that does NOT issue ALP/None. Thus, he'd have to pay $100 and re-apply, if the new town chief allows him to do so early.

Different situation.

I believe everyone above is 100% correct. However, I did the exact thing you're talking about and they wouldn't let me upgrade from a B to an A which they give exclusively. The reason they gave was "we called CHSB and they have no procedure for doing this so you have to wait until renewal"

Just my experience. Hope yours is better.

I believe everyone above is 100% correct. However, I did the exact thing you're talking about and they wouldn't let me upgrade from a B to an A which they give exclusively. The reason they gave was "we called CHSB and they have no procedure for doing this so you have to wait until renewal"

Just my experience. Hope yours is better.

You were getting the run around. It is a very easy thing to do in the computer system but, as LenS stated, you have to do it with the original issuing agency or pay the $100 fee to re-apply in your new town

So if i have to reapply in the new town, is the original one still valid until i get the new one? I would think its just like renewing, but much earlier??

You were getting the run around. It is a very easy thing to do in the computer system but, as LenS stated, you have to do it with the original issuing agency or pay the $100 fee to re-apply in your new town

well, why would you go back to your old town to get restrictions lifted? they most likely woudlnt do it, duh. YOu consider getting the "restrictions lifted" by renewing early in the new town. WHy would you ever bother going to your original issuing Department t ask them to lift the restrictions???

Just did this two months ago. Took my new LTC and put it into my wallet without a glance until last week when i took it out and noticed the issue date was 2014. New issuing department followed up and i need a letter from my old issuing dept stating they will cancel my original LTC. Stupid me put the old one into the shredder so now i'm awaiting my new LTC which hopefully will come soon.

Back
Top Bottom