1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

UPDATE to this: Red Flag Bill Submitted In New HampshirePublic Hearing: 03/05/2019 10:00amReps Hall

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wahsben, Jan 13, 2019.

1. jpk

jpk

2. Kevin_NH

Kevin_NH

Much of what NHFC is saying is hyperbole, they should know better.

For example, the actual phrasing isn't just "brandishing" but "The unlawful or reckless use, display, or brandishing of a firearm by the respondent.".

The bill is horrible, no need to overstate it.

Just a misdemeanor? Knowingly giving false statements, with the intent of depriving civil rights, should be a felony.

Horrible and soloman02 like this.
  3. jpk

jpk

I dont think its overstating at all.....look at how similar language has been abused in every state where these bills have been passed

Horrible likes this.
  4. granitestater

granitestater

I don't think they overstated anything, NHFC is correct... read the words, it does'nt say and brandishing it says OR which means brandishing alone will be cause for you to lose your guns. And lets not forget, Fish and Game will stop at nothing to confiscate guns and falsely accuse people of poaching.

5. design

design NES Member

BTW, it is always a good thing to write a LTE against them and their extreme views in a local paper. Reps *love* that type of treatment.

Kevin_NH and Nick Fury like this.
  6. Nick Fury

Nick Fury NES Member

So who wrote that 9 day waiting period on ammo bill? Tell me and I’ll write a letter right now.

7. design

design NES Member

I will get that for you. Please check in on the thread about the ammo band.
    As for the red flag bills, this video was posted today. Please share with others:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfB0LPFiwLM

8. Kevin_NH

Kevin_NH

Primary Sponsor is Rep. Katherine "I hit old ladies" Rogers.

soloman02, design and Nick Fury like this.
  9. Nick Fury

Nick Fury NES Member

10. design

design NES Member

Just remember, that 'hag' is in the majority this term and we need to make sure we get to Concord

soloman02 and jpk like this.
  11. jpk

jpk

That would be blue haired CRIMINAL hag if I recall correctly......

soloman02 and design like this.
  12. Daegory

Daegory NES Member

Insanity, I moved up here from MA a year and a half ago to get away from this kind of nonsense. I'll be writing some letters today.

13. design

design NES Member

..who pled down the charges and never went to her anger management course if I understand the facts correctly...

timbo and soloman02 like this.
  14. design

design NES Member

The bill is currently scheduled for a hearing on 3/5

While this could change, please add it to your calendars now

Bill_Status

jpk likes this.
  15. design

design NES Member

BTW, can we call this thread ['Red Flag' Gun Confiscation Order Bill' submitted in NH]

16. MaverickNH

MaverickNH NES Member

I got several supportive replies from my representatives. And two from the NH EPRO bill sponsors. One was wish-washy, like “I support 2ndA & Gunowners as well as common sense gun laws.” The other was more interesting - the representative included a link to a 2016 study looking at the Connecticut ERPO law with 1999-2013 data, showing *some* efficacy.

This suggests that Giffords/Everytown/Bloomberg is seeding legislators with background (and no doubt money) to organize behind the bill. I sent a polite pushback noting the study she offered from CT over 13yr was an early and limited study vs Lott’s study of CA, CT, IN, WA over 36yr showing no efficacy of ERPO laws.

Some NH Democrat legislators are rabid, anti-gun liberals but others are just left of the fence, even if not on it. They are fed the background that support the gun-control agenda. You know...like the 3yr preliminary study of the 1994-2004 AWB that showed it was working while the final 10yr study showed it didn’t work. Nobody says “While early, limited studies showed the laws work, broader long-term studies showed they didn’t, but we’re going with the early, limited studies to support our views.” Cause that would look stupid and deceitful. They like to lie by omission and mislead but not out-and-out lie.

soloman02, Horrible, SERE and 3 others like this.
  17. jpk

jpk

Another case of "The laws are for THEE not ME"

18. jpk

jpk

Back to the top and an ask for the OP/Admins to add hearing date to title/OP

Everyone needs to attend this hearing

Public Hearing: 03/05/2019 10:00 am LOB 204

edmorseiii and wahsben like this.
  19. jpk

jpk

Article on states that have passed and have defeated red flag bills

Doesnt currently show NH as having one submitted due to timing of article but looking at states that have defeated attempts may prove to be useful reading.....

Red Flag Laws: Where the Bills Stand in Each State

20. edmorseiii

edmorseiii Navy Veteran NES Member

It's on my calendar.

Lip likes this.
  21. Lip

Lip Army Veteran NES Member

When NH gets a full time legislature its doa.

SERE likes this.
  22. SERE

SERE NES Life Member NES Member

A very interesting thought. Professional politicians, hmm. WCGW?

amm5061 likes this.
  23. design

design NES Member

Please, no full time legislature. Our rights are only at risk when they are in session.

NHKevin and jpk like this.
  24. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

I agree, the best policy is to go quiet

cams likes this.
  25. Boston4567

Boston4567 NES Member

Actually, lots of research indicates that professional legislatures without term limits result in more stability over time. Basically, there's more incentive to avoid radical shifts because there's more for them to lose and they aren't under pressure to make a name for themselves before their term limits are up by passing dumb laws.

So you're less likely to get hard leftist politicians that get elected in a wave year and do a bunch of stupid shit. And yes, you're less likely to get lots of hard-right politicians in a wave year that do stuff you like. But at the end of the day I'll take more bias towards the status quo over radical back-and-forth shifts. At the end of the day, "you shall not pass" is generally a victory for conservatism. It's the other side that wants government to do lots of stuff.

26. 42!

42! NES Life Member NES Member

WHAT!, please cite sources, I need to read that.
    Have you looked at what the MA Legislature has done/is doing? If you want to ignore their hard leftist leaning, just look at how they gave themselves a pay raise. The MA Legislature can't give themselves a salary increase, so they called it a stipends. But the people can vote to overturn any Bill..... unless that Bill includes salaries for Judges. Now guess what they added to their stipends Bill to insure the people could do nothing.

This is how a professional legislature acts. It's also one of the big reasons I left the PRM.

I can only assume you have some form of Stockholm Syndrome, I wish you a speedy recovery.

27. Boston4567

Boston4567 NES Member

I didn't say professional legislatures keep out leftists. We live in a left-leaning state with left-leaning voters, so we get left-leaning politicians and left-leaning policy. That has nothing to do with whether or not we have a professional legislature.

But if you take the political lean of the state into account, and the fact that the legislature is 80% Democrats, we have more stable, less hard-left policy and less wild swings than lots of other states. I read about this years ago, but can't find the source now.

28. jpk

jpk

If its not germain to the NH Red Flag bill please find somewhere else to post the noise

edmorseiii likes this.
  29. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

Whoever is doing that research is an idiot because they obviously haven't been to Massachusetts.... the only thing preventing ma legislature from being 150% more communist is that the commies fight about the money they get to redistribute and what it gets used for... and occasionally the tax base pushes back instead of giving them more money to blow..... plus the institutional soft corruption in this state causes more sloth but that's a terrible thing to rely on politically... it's kind of like saying "oh we don't have to worry about those people driving, theyre too drunk to even start the car on a regular basis" "Professional" legislators are mostly human garbage. imo every legislator should have a term limit of some sort or maximum number of terms that they can run. Representation ratio needs to be high in the house, and the season of the legislature in each case should be as short as humanly possible..... Basically the more "professional" the legislature is, and the longer the sessions run, the more opportunities they have to f*** everybody over... "idle hands, spend time at the genitals".

-Mike

Horrible, FisherTech and Squib308 like this.
  30. jpk

jpk

Would you guys take your mass legislation discussion somewhere else?

This is a NH Red Flag thread

NHKevin, edmorseiii and design like this.