University of South Carolina student fatally shot while trying to enter wrong home: police

If the facts are as I understand them, my empathy is for the poor sap that has to live know that they (had no choice but to) shoot a guy that turned out to be just some drunk college kid. Maybe it was their wet dream come true, but more likely it will haunt them the rest of their life.

Kick down someone's front door and don't be too surprised if they shoot at you.
I would expect to get the same if it was me.
That's why I don't do it.
I had a landlord give me a key to an apartment and tell me no one would be there.
Still knocked , still opened the door a crack and hollered .
No response .
Went to walk through the bedroom to get to the kitchen and there was a gal sleeping in bed who woke up to a strange guy in her bedroom.
If she had lit my ass up I wouldn't have blamed her at all.
The landlord however got his ass tore out when I got ahold of him.

From one of the articles in the NY Post:

The incident began in the early hours of Aug. 26, when police received a call just before 2 a.m. from the female owner of the South Holly Street residence about someone attempting to break into her home.

Nicholas Donofrio was shot and killed after he attempted to enter the wrong home in Columbia, South Carolina, last weekend.LinkedIn
It was determined that Donofrio “mistakenly went to the wrong home and attempted to enter by repeatedly knocking, banging, and kicking at the front door while manipulating the door handle.

As Donofrio tried to get into the house, the woman made the 911 call and the male owner “went to another area of the home to retrieve a firearm.”

Donofrio managed to break the glass window of the front door and reached inside to “manipulate the doorknob,” which led the male owner to shoot a single bullet through the window, striking the 20-year-old student.
And that right there would be a clean shoot all day every day for all of us.

They are not giving us the facts, they are full of sh*t.

They ate trying to make it look like the kid just "knocked", but the shooting was justified.

So... I guess you can shoot whoever knocks on your door?

There was definitely more than knocking going on. I want to see the video.
Either here or some news site I'd read about the door glass being kicked and broken by a drunk. It wasn't a polite knock-knock.

Back
Top Bottom