University of South Carolina student fatally shot while trying to enter wrong home: police

Reptile

NES Member
A sophomore student was shot and killed when he tried to enter the wrong home in a neighborhood near the University of South Carolina early Saturday morning.

Nicholas Anthony Donofrio, 20, was found dead on the front porch of an off-campus home by Columbia police officers after they received a call of a reported home burglary, the department said in a press release.

Continues...

This is what happens when untrained people buy guns, and refuse to get training. The fact that this doesn't happen far more often is truly a miracle.

Training with a firearm has nothing to do with an attempted forced entry to your home. Good shoot. FAFO PSGWSP for the dumbest blacked out drunk kid.

The lesson here is don't get blackout drunk, not people need more gun training.

This is what happens when untrained people buy guns, and refuse to get training. The fact that this doesn't happen far more often is truly a miracle.
It is?
Seems he hit his target.
Just a tip that might save your life some day, if someone is attempting to break into your home and you think you have time to ask them to fill out a questionnaire about their intentions , you die first.
It does suck that the young guy paid the price for his own stupidity , but it was his stupidity that created the situation.

Training with a firearm has nothing to do with an attempted forced entry to your home. Good shoot. FAFO PSGWSP for the dumbest blacked out drunk kid.

The lesson here is don't get blackout drunk, not people need more gun training.
A little early to say "good shoot". The kid was found on the front porch, I'll wait for the full story.

In my opinion, alcohol played a much larger roll than firearm training. Very sad for this young man who thought he was going home to sleep it off.

I’m sure the shooter will feel regret after finding out the victim was at the wrong house and not intending to break in.

Please, enlighten the forum with your wisdom. How would a sh*tty basic firearms class prevent this?

Are you saying we all need to take advanced training? ... and what would that training cover, Common sense?

Also, we don't know any details, so let's wait for those to see how the kid was trying to get in the house.

Last edited:
Dumbass "neighbor" (who looks and sounds like another college student) interviewed on the news said "I wish they could have done something other than shoot him". Oh, well. PSGWSP.

I haven't heard of any rioting. Must have been a white kid.
Some racist idiot shoots up a dollar store full of black people, and it’s front page of every media outlet in the country. Black idiot hunts white people and it barely makes local news.

If that isn’t evidence of a plot to drive a wedge between races, I’ll eat my words.

The media and internet are propaganda outlets for the left.

The article is a bit confusing. In one place, it states the kid was TRYING to enter. At another point, it states he DID enter. The cops were called before the shooting, though.

Guess they should have had better training! "Donofrio managed to break the glass window of the front door and reached inside to “manipulate the doorknob,” which led the male owner to shoot a single bullet through the window, striking the 20-year-old student."

Yeah he either is a completely retarded drunk or was intentionally breaking into homes and "the wrong house" is the new "he was turning his life around" and "my baby didn't do nuffin"
Actually I think you are on to something. Indeed there have been ' accidental wrong house' cases, but I suspect those are serving to add an element of plausibility to the lies.

If he had been just knocking on the door and asking to be let in, maybe you could claim average drunk college kid.

You start kicking a door and breaking glass, well now your commiting a violent felony. PSGWSP.

I had an angry drunk as a roommate in college. Never had him try to kick a door in.

"...was found dead on the front porch..."
Way back in the early 1970s my dad and I heard that the local police were privately saying that no matter what, make sure the shot home invader is inside your home when they get there - even if you have to drag the body in. If you shoot him inside your home and he makes it outside and dies on your front lawn, make sure he is inside when the cops arrive.
That aside, how many times have I seen news items of people mistakenly banging on doors of the wrong address? We only hear about the situations that end up like above.

Last edited:

Shooting of South Carolina college student who tried to enter wrong house was justified, police say​

Nicholas Donofrio, of Connecticut, was shot dead at a home near the University of South Carolina​

South Carolina police on Wednesday said the fatal shooting of a college student who knocked on the wrong door was justified under the state's Stand Your Ground law, which allows residents to defend themselves and their property with firearms.

After consulting with the Fifth Circuit Solicitor’s Office, the Columbia Police Department (CPD) decided not to file charges against the unnamed person who shot University of South Carolina student Nicholas Donofrio, 20, of Madison, Connecticut.

"This is a heartbreaking case for all involved," CPD Chief W.H. "Skip" Holbrook said in a Wednesday statement. "Our lead investigator has diligently worked to gather all the facts surrounding this incident. He has also maintained contact with the Donofrio family throughout the investigation. We at the Columbia Police Department extend our deepest condolences for their immeasurable loss."

Continues...

It is?
Seems he hit his target.
Just a tip that might save your life some day, if someone is attempting to break into your home and you think you have time to ask them to fill out a questionnaire about their intentions , you die first.
It does suck that the young guy paid the price for his own stupidity , but it was his stupidity that created the situation.

If the facts are as I understand them, my empathy is for the poor sap that has to live know that they (had no choice but to) shoot a guy that turned out to be just some drunk college kid. Maybe it was their wet dream come true, but more likely it will haunt them the rest of their life.

Kick down someone's front door and don't be too surprised if they shoot at you.

If the facts are as I understand them, my empathy is for the poor sap that has to live know that they (had no choice but to) shoot a guy that turned out to be just some drunk college kid. Maybe it was their wet dream come true, but more likely it will haunt them the rest of their life.

Kick down someone's front door and don't be too surprised if they shoot at you.
They are not giving us the facts, they are full of sh*t.

They are trying to make it look like the kid just "knocked", but the shooting was justified.
South Carolina police on Wednesday said the fatal shooting of a college student who knocked on the wrong door

So... I guess you can shoot whoever knocks on your door?

There was definitely more than knocking going on. I want to see the video.

Police said they determined that Donofrio's death was a justifiable homicide under the Protection of Persons and Property Act based on evidence recovered from the scene

Last edited:
"...was found dead on the front porch..."
Way back in the early 1970s my dad and I heard that the local police were privately saying that no matter what, make sure the shot home invader is inside your home when they get there - even if you have to drag the body in. If you shoot him inside your home and he makes it outside and dies on your front lawn, make sure he is inside when the cops arrive.
That aside, how many times have I seen news items of people mistakenly banging on doors of the wrong address? We only hear about the situations that end up like above.
Funny, back in the 70s, my house was burglarized (in SoCal), and in speaking with the sheriff officer, Deadly Force came up. He stated that the old "drag them inside" will get you prison time. If you had cause to shoot someone, it did NOT matter where you and the perp were. His example was a whacko swinging a table leg at you in the middle of the street: Good Shoot. Someone running out your back door, away from you: Bad Shoot.

There was definitely more than knocking going on. I want to see the video.

From one of the articles in the NY Post:

The incident began in the early hours of Aug. 26, when police received a call just before 2 a.m. from the female owner of the South Holly Street residence about someone attempting to break into her home.

Nicholas Donofrio was shot and killed after he attempted to enter the wrong home in Columbia, South Carolina, last weekend.LinkedIn
It was determined that Donofrio “mistakenly went to the wrong home and attempted to enter by repeatedly knocking, banging, and kicking at the front door while manipulating the door handle.

As Donofrio tried to get into the house, the woman made the 911 call and the male owner “went to another area of the home to retrieve a firearm.”

Donofrio managed to break the glass window of the front door and reached inside to “manipulate the doorknob,” which led the male owner to shoot a single bullet through the window, striking the 20-year-old student.

Back
Top Bottom