"Universal" Sight Pushers?

Are any of the so-called "universal" sight pushers any good, or is model specific the only way to go? I'm not constantly changing sights on the same model of gun, but I like to tinker and customize things that I buy, so I do swap out the sights on a good deal of the different handguns that pass through my hands. Right now I'm using just the old drift and hammer method, which is alright but a little awkward, but if I could find a universal pusher that is any good I'd probably like the precision and (Hopefully) ease of it. Is there such a thing out there, or should I just keep using the old method?

There are several universal models on the market, check Brownells. Model specific pushers are the best way to go, but this can get expensive. I have gone to the Uni 200L avialable from Brownells. This pusher has worked on most of my semi autos. The only real problem I have had is with the CZ Shadow. The CZ slide is so short that there is not enough slide for the sight pusher frame to clamp solidly. When you attempt to move a sight that is tight in its dovetail, the whole slide tends to move. this makes the adjustment process almost impossible.

PS A decent universal sight pusher is a little over $100. The top of the line Meproliite is over v$500.

I just bought THIS one. You can also purchase the other clamping blocks with it, but I just bought the standard as I only have 2 Glocks and 1 M&P. I'm in the same town as you so if you want to try it out, before you buy one, let me know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom