Unissued N.E.W. Mosin M91 (many pics)

The words "unissued", "original matching", "non-refurbished", or "as built" are ones that can't often apply - wiped of outside cosmoline, and now in my collection. And more words won't add anything to the presentation of this New England Westinghouse Mosin Nagant M91. So, here are the pics.

NEWUS059.jpg

NEWUS060.jpg

NEWUS058.jpg

NEWUS004.jpg

NEWUS005.jpg

NEWUS006.jpg

NEWUS007.jpg

NEWUS008.jpg

NEWUS009.jpg

NEWUS012.jpg

NEWUS013.jpg

NEWUS015.jpg

NEWUS016.jpg

NEWUS017.jpg

NEWUS018.jpg

NEWUS019.jpg

NEWUS022.jpg

NEWUS023.jpg

NEWUS025.jpg

NEWUS026.jpg

NEWUS027.jpg

NEWUS029.jpg

NEWUS030.jpg

NEWUS031.jpg

NEWUS032.jpg

NEWUS033.jpg

NEWUS034.jpg

NEWUS035.jpg

NEWUS036.jpg

NEWUS037.jpg

NEWUS038.jpg

NEWUS039.jpg

NEWUS040.jpg

NEWUS044.jpg

NEWUS046.jpg

NEWUS047.jpg

NEWUS048.jpg

NEWUS049.jpg

NEWUS053.jpg

NEWUS052.jpg

NEWUS054.jpg

NEWUS051.jpg

NEWUS001.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful. I love the finish on that wood. I have to wonder where it's been sitting for the better part of 100 years to be in such great condition.

Every now and then one pops up and gets a premium. Seeing as how so many went overseas and only a handful stayed here and were never used, its one of the Mosin Holy Grails.

Thanks, gentlemen.

Beautiful. I love the finish on that wood. I have to wonder where it's been sitting for the better part of 100 years to be in such great condition.

Just a week ago, it was sitting in a Pennsylvania gun shop, in what must have been a great disguise. The sellers listed it extremely poorly on Gunbroker as a 91/30. Thank goodness only one other bidder seemed to know what it really was.

Every now and then one pops up and gets a premium. Seeing as how so many went overseas and only a handful stayed here and were never used, its one of the Mosin Holy Grails.

That is right on, Ray. There are many, many of these available that went overseas, ended up in Finland, and then made it back to the States via importers. But the ones that never left the country, and then still found in unused condition, are counted on fingers and toes.

I got extremely lucky to land this one for a reasonable price, and it's never even going to come apart. Collectible extraordinaire.

Outfingstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That is one beautiful rifle. Congrats my friend.

Just a week ago, it was sitting in a Pennsylvania gun shop, in what must have been a great disguise. The sellers listed it extremely poorly on Gunbroker as a 91/30. Thank goodness only one other bidder seemed to know what it really was.

Makes a find like that all the more fun to acquire.

I am looking at the title "new mosin" and i am thinking who could have found a new "freaking" mosin?? then without looking at the OP, i said Martin08.

son of a gun , it was Martin08. Who knew? how did I know?

Beautiful Martin, Congrats...

Thanks again, all. Pleasure to share it.

I am looking at the title "new mosin" and i am thinking who could have found a new "freaking" mosin?? then without looking at the OP, i said Martin08.

son of a gun , it was Martin08. Who knew? how did I know?

Beautiful Martin, Congrats...

This one isn't new, 40 cal, it's 94 years old! It is a New England Westinghouse, though. [grin]

An un-issued Remington is probably the only other ultra rare model you need now to round out and make it a set.

That's a challenge. But I accept.

Back
Top Bottom