• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Unfired LC 5.56 brass on sale

Not that I'm going to be doing a lot of service rifle shooting, but I just could not pass up this deal on unfired Lake City brass. Natchez has it on sale. $219 / 2000. Shipping was kind of expensive though $32. Worked out to be about 13 cents a case. It was all 2011 manufacture.

B

I got 2000 pieces a couple weeks ago. Pretty stuff.
I ordered it on a Monday and got it that Friday.

I bought 1000 from Midway last year (paid a lot more.) Just finished my third firing and so far, so good. Had one case head separation on the second firing but that might have been something I did.

so LC brass is good for service rifle I expect. I have a good amount of once fired brass. From what I looked into this is by far one of the better prices.
I have seen some decent deals on once fired cleaned and deprimed for 75/1000 shipped. I have often thought to stock up on some new brass and just tuck it away.

It's actually pretty good even for a bolt action. It tends to be hard brass and light weight which means more powder can fit in it. Lapua is very high quality, but very expensive and the case capacity is pretty low.

I don't load it without neck sizing it. You could use a collet die also. However I think PatMcD just loads it right up without doing anything to it.

B

Back
Top Bottom