Unexpected new owner of my first MilSurp pistol...more pics, range report

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
...and its American!

Too much to post now. Surfed the NES classified today and found a member who wanted to trade for a .357. Turns out he was more interested in my Pedersoli Brown Bess. As I haven't shot it for three years, I said, sure! So I just got back from NH where we swapped guns and FFL3's.

I am now the proud owner of a M1903 Colt .32acp. Serial number dates it to 1919; 90% finish, great bore, all matching numbers. The previous owner got it fron the nephew of the vet who was a tank commander and brought it back from WWII and used it as a backup to his .45, which the previous owner still has.

I'll post better pictures and a range report tomorrow. Sweet!

032.jpg

031.jpg

MS

Last edited:
Thats cause he's running out of room for rifles.[grin]

True. -1 Brown Bess, -1 Mitchell Mauser (next week), frees up space in the closet. While I've done a lot of talking recently about M14, 38H, and P38, this is currently the only one I have, and it really wasn't on my current radar. Next month I will have the M14. With the final sale of the Mitchell, there will be something new to the closet as well - maybe 38H, P38, or a rifle, or stock up on ammo while its available.

MS

Went to the range and put three magazines (24) out of it; two of Remington 71gr round nose, and one of 65gr Winchester semi-jacket hollow points. Stood in the middle of the 25 yard range; so 36 feet or so. The last 8 were fairly rapid fire and right. Sweet little pistol, easy to disassemble and clean.

002.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

MS

All right Tim! The Colt Model M is a great gun. Of course anything that came from JMB can't be bad. FYI- Those grips are from a later Pocket Model. To be correct, they should be hard rubber.

Did you get the 1914 Mauser yet?

Back
Top Bottom