• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Unbelievably Biased Article On Mexico/Guns

Apologies if this is a dupe, searched for it.

Beyond words. Not even a glint of objectivity.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/08599191532700

The camcorder shakes as it films the thud of thick .50 caliber bullets ripping through a steel plate target in the heat of the Arizona desert. Panning across the jagged rocks and cacti, the camera then focuses on the shooter: a smiling Mexican sitting down on the dust as he uses both hands to fire the huge state-of-the-art weapon that can tear through tank armor. He was the happy customer, having bought the killing machine from an Arizona gun shop for about $21,000. The grainy video was seized by ATF agents in a raid on a weapon traffickers' safe house in Yuma. One man in the film was arrested and faces charges. But the man who showed off his shooting on the video is believed to be south of the border using the cannon-like gun to wage Mexico's relentless drug war.

This traffic of heavy weaponry from American gun stores to Mexican drug cartels will once again feature in talks between the U.S. and Mexico when President Barack Obama and Mexican President Felipe Calderon meet at a North American summit in Guadalajara on Aug. 9 and Aug. 10. Mexico with its strict gun laws has long complained that the vast majority of firearms used by the gangs wrecking havoc here are brought in El Norte. Meanwhile, Obama has said more unequivocally than any president before that the U.S. has responsibility to stop American guns getting into the hands of the mobsters

I'm just WAITING for the first lib to propose the fence. [smile] Of course this will be to prevent gun smuggling, but as long as it keeps the illegals out I'm all for it [laugh]

How about this. We'll stop "illegal" guns from going south just as soon as they stop illegal Mexicans going north. Sound fair?

Probably not.

If we're seeing corruption of the Border Patrol at the levels that they're admitting to (it's probably worse, if it's true); then securing the borders may be much more difficult without a North/South Korea type border.

I'm in favor of a massive land mine border like in South Korea, but I suspect it might not go over well politically. [wink]

Last I heard, illegal Mexicans are going back home in droves because the job market has dried up in this economy. I wouldn't be surprised if Obama orders a border fence built to prevent illegal Mexicans from leaving. He can't afford to lose 30 million voters with re-election only three years away. [frown]

All this talk of gun trafficking goes *POOF* once drugs are fully decriminalized.

Trust me. Just like what happened in America during the Prohibition Era. Simple.

All this talk of gun trafficking goes *POOF* once drugs are fully decriminalized.

Trust me. Just like what happened in America during the Prohibition Era. Simple.

Not necessarily. When Prohibition was repealed, illegal liquor didn't go away. In fact, it's still being produced today in the backwoods of Appalachia and the Carolinas. If drugs are legalized, the criminals will just move operations to another illegal product, like Trans Fats! [smile]

Not necessarily. When Prohibition was repealed, illegal liquor didn't go away. In fact, it's still being produced today in the backwoods of Appalachia and the Carolinas. If drugs are legalized, the criminals will just move operations to another illegal product, like Trans Fats! [smile]

MMMMmmmmmmmmm.........Trans fats![smile]

Yes, and the nanny-state idiots will be more than happy to create new markets for them to fill: trans-fats, normal capacity toilets, ...

Protecting us from our selves and making tens of billions for organized crime cop killers.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom